Part Thirty Three

The first two weeks after your 'fight' with Tony, you didn't leave your apartment. You didn't even bother to eat, or sleep. Daniel checked up on you every night and even slept over on the couch sometimes, too worried for you to leave you alone.

You did consider leaving your apartment after the first week, but then you got divorce papers from Tony, sent to your apartment. You broke down again in tears, and refused to even leave your room.

Somehow, Tony managed to make it seem like the contract never existed. You were in no doubt he paid off your father's lawyers, and your mother.

"You should take at least something."Daniel was trying to talk you into taking something from Tony after your divorce.

"I don't want anything from him." You kept repeating and, eventually, he gave up.

You didn't bother going to the court with him, your lawyer went instead of you every time. Meanwhile, Tony went every time, hoping to see you again. It lasted just a few weeks, and you had to go the last time to sign the papers so you could be legally divorced.

Tony watched you walk into the room with your lawyer and Daniel by your side. His heart stopped as soon as he caught sight of you. He didn't want to do this, but he had no choice. He didn't want you to cry for him after he died, hoping you'd hate him after the divorce. He was doing you a favor.

You looked beautiful, like always. But, Tony didn't know what was going on inside of your mind. He didn't notice the way you gripped onto your best friend's hand as soon as you saw him.

You passed by him on your way to your place and Tony closed his eyes as soon as he smelled your perfume. It was only a few weeks, and he was already a mess without you. When he looked at you, you looked like you were doing much better. He smiled as he watched you sit down. That's what he wanted, for you not to cry over him.

The whole process was done quickly, you both signed the papers and you were officially divorced. You were out of the room before Tony could get a chance to talk to you.

That's what I wanted, Tony kept saying to himself, hoping he made the right decision.

Two months passed since that and you were finally feeling better. You started to go out more and you even got back to your job.

You didn't see Tony again until that time in Monaco.

Tony arrived first, with Natalie and Happy by his side. As he approached the bar, he noticed the girl who worked for you, Sadie, there, but he didn't think much of it. He didn't see you in months, so he didn't expect you to be there either.

He couldn't believe how wrong he was.

His breath stopped in his throat as he saw you entering, a large smile on your face. He saw Daniel and the girl from his team, Rose, by your side and his jaw clenched. You still brought him everywhere with you.

Your eyes caught his across the room and the smile dropped from your face when you saw the blonde reporter by his side. They were obviously flirting with each other. Deciding not to be bothered by that, you put on a large smile on your face.

You were approached by Justin Hammer, who held a large smile on his face, as well. He went to hug you, but he saw the man by your side looking him up and down, so he settled for a handshake. "Y/N! How you doing? I'm so glad you showed up."

"Thank you." You said, before he grabbed your hand.

"Come on, let's get a drink. My treat."He offered and you smiled at him politely.

"Actually, let's not."

Justin saw the look on your face, then looked back at Tony. "Is this about him being here?"