Part Thirty Two

Tony was done throwing up for the third time that morning.

He sat on the chair in the garage, exhausted. His face was pale and he didn't sleep for days already, judging by the bags under his eyes. His eyesight was blurry, so he rubbed his eyes to try and make it better. His eyes focused on the device on the table by the monitor and he took it. He felt the needle go through the soft skin on his finger and a drop of blood fell onto the device.

He sighed, realizing the blood toxicity went up since he woke up.

After trying to get up, he quickly realized it was going to be harder than he thought. He gave up and slumped back down onto the chair.

The past few months were hard on him, he knew he was dying and didn't want to tell anyone. He preferred dying alone and peacefully. That's why he made the decision he did and he knew you weren't going to like it. But he wanted to do you a favor.

As soon as he thought of you, you showed up on the doorstep, still dressed in your nightgown. He didn't even have the strength to look up.

"Tony?" You asked, as you turned on the light. You scrunched up your nose at the smell. "Why does it smell like someone threw up here?"

Tony couldn't say anything, just waved at you to approach him.

"Are you okay?" You asked, getting closer to him.

Only then, Tony looked up, with no emotions on his face.

"Help me get up." You took his hand as he got up, then showed you to walk towards the door. You did, with him hanging onto you. You looked back to the bottle of alcohol on his table, then lead him upstairs before placing him on the couch. "Want to tell me what's going on? Have you been drinking?"

"Yes." Tony mumbled out.

"Why did you do that?" You asked softly, kneeling next to him. "You threw up, Tony... Is something wrong? Is that the reason you were drinking?"

"God, Y/N, stop acting like my mom."Tony hissed at you, making you instantly get away from him.

"Sorry, I-"

"Stop. It."He said. You got back up to sit on the couch, as far away as you could from him. It was silent for a few moments, until he looked up at you."I... I want to get a divorce."

Your heart sank to your stomach.

"W-what?" He hated seeing your lips tremble, which meant you were close to crying.

He shrugged.

"It's for the best." He kept repeating in his head.

"Tell me the reason."You still pressed.

"I don't love you anymore." He said, avoiding your eyes as he looked at the floor.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw you get up and you grabbed his face, and made him look up at you. "Now say that again."

Tony looked into your teary eyes and his breathing stopped. "I don't love you anymore, Y/N." He repeated, making you let go of his face and you took a step back. "Is it that hard for you to understand? Do I need to draw it out for you? I'm tired of you, tired of this forced marriage.. of... of everything! I never loved you to begin with."

"You... you said... "

"I lied!" He interrupted you. "I never loved you. You were the only way to make me look good in public and I used you for that."

Every single tear that made its way down your cheeks broke Tony's heart into hundred more pieces.

"We... you can't divorce me... the contract says-"

"I don't care! I'll find a way. Now get your stuff out of this house. I don't want to see you here anymore."

"Fine." You said, wiping off the tears on your cheeks.

He watched you walk up the stairs. As soon as you were gone, he fell back against the couch as tears filled up his eyes. But, he couldn't cry just yet.

You changed into new clothes and packed everything up, making sure to pack everything that was yours. Some time later, you walked down the stairs with a bag of clothes, which you put on the floor as you took your jacket and started to put it on.

Tony followed your every move.

Your gaze snapped up to him and he saw your red eyes. You harshly took the ring off your finger and threw it at Tony, who ducked it, then looked back at you.

"Oh, and I'm taking my company back." You said and picked up the bag, before rushing out of the house.

That's when the real tears fell down your face. You sat inside your car for a few moments before you turned it on and drove off the property.

It's the right thing, Tony kept repeating in his head.

Then why did it hurt so much?