Part Sixty Two

As you arrived to Sokovia, you began to make people clear the city, along with Pietro, who used his speed to do so, and Wanda who used her powers to get people to leave. Meanwhile, Bruce was on his mission to find Natasha.

You were walking with Steve towards Tony when Friday spoke up in his suit."Your man's in the church, boss. I think he's waiting for you."

Tony looked over at you and you smiled at him. "You got this."

He immediately flied upwards and towards the church. You heard him and Ultron speaking over the comms.

"Come to confess your sins?" Ultron asked.

"I don't know, how much time you got?"

You chuckled at Tony's response before you joined Steve and the others in clearing the city. The earth beneath you started to crack and panicked screams could be heard as Ultron's army of robots began emerging from everywhere; the ground, the river, climbing up the walls...

One landed on a car next to Steve and started to shoot at him, making Steve take cover behind his shield as he yelled at people to evacuate the city.

"Get off the bridge! Run!" Wanda told them, protecting the people and herself with her powers, as Vision found Ultron.

Meanwhile, you were standing back to back with Clint as he shot arrows at them, while you fought them off as they wanted to attack him from behind.

Some time later, you saw one sneaking up behind Pietro. The guy didn't have time to turn around as he heard someone approaching, before a gunshot rang out through the air. As he turned, he saw you standing behind the bot, small sparks flying from his head from the hole made by your bullet. He gave you a smile, and you smiled back at him. "You owe me."

He nodded before speeding off again.

You gasped as the earth under and around Sokovia began to crack. You didn't have much time to think about it when you saw a small girl standing right where the earth was beginning to crack. Quickly taking her in your arms, you placed her somewhere safe before you ran off to help Steve, who was still fighting robots.

You quickly realized Sokovia broke in half, and one half was flying upwards. Looking from the edge, you pressed on the earpiece. "Tony?"

"Honey, you ok?" He asked, sounding panicked.

"I'm fine. What's happening?"

Before Tony could answer, Ultron rose up in the air before speaking to everybody."Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

"Oh my God." You grabbed onto the nearby wall to keep yourself steady as you realized what was happening."What happens if this drops?"You asked Tony.

"Friday?"

"Right now the impact would kill thousands. Once it gets high enough: Global extinction." The AI answered you both.

Tony saved a family from getting crushed along with the building, while you and Steve were fighting off the robots. One knocked you on the hood of the car and you were in the process of fighting it when Tony spoke up. "Y/N, honey, and Cap, you got incoming."

"Incoming already came in." Steve answered as you both finally took down the robots. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off."