Part Sixty One

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time."Fury said when all of you were back in the farmhouse that night. "My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."He explained as Lila brought the drawing she made to Natasha.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked from where he was leaning against the door. Clint was in the living room with his family, while you were sat next to Natasha, Tony was playing with Nathan, while Bruce leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit." Fury said as Clint walked into the kitchen. "Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"He still going after launch codes?"Tony asked as he grabbed the bottle of milk, checking the temperature.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway." Fury replied.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony said, holding the bottle as Nathan began to eat.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that."

Steve looked to Fury, "NEXUS?"

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." Bruce answered.

"So what'd they say?" Clint asked.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed."Fury said.

"By whom?" Tony asked.

"Parties unknown."

Natasha looked at them, "Do we have an ally?"

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo, find our unknown."Tony said.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that."

"I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream of." Fury said."Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And, whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

Natasha looked at Steve. "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk."

"You know what, Romanoff?"Natasha smiled mischievously at him.

"So what does he want?" Fury asked.

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." Steve answered.

"Person bodies." Tony added as he handed Nathan to you. "The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Natasha told Bruce and Tony, looking over at the baby in your arms and smiling at him.

Bruce, who was looking at the drawing of a butterfly Lila made, spoke up. "They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve."

"How?" Fury asked.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

The next day, you all were leaving the farmhouse. Tony was going to NEXUS, while the rest of you went with Steve.