Part Thirty Five

"Nice office." You said, walking around the large room and stopping in front of the large window, through which you had a view of the whole city. "A bit empty, but still nice."

"Didn't realize I was dealing with an interior designer." The man with the eye-patch mumbled out, grumpy.

You grinned as you turned to look at him. "Come on, Fury."

"How about you tell me when the next shipment is gonna be?"

"You just got one." You told Fury. You were working with him and the SHIELD for two months now. Over the short period of time, your company made countless of weapons for them.

"Sit your ass down." Fury said, gesturing at the empty chair in front of his table.

"Nah, it's much more fun to mess with you like this." You patted his shoulder as you looked at the monitor."What you got here? Top-secret spy stuff?"You asked.

Fury let out a sigh, leaning against his chair, as you looked over his shoulder to his monitor. He gave up on trying to get you to act like a grown up.

"Hold on, is being a spy anything like in Totally Spies?" You asked Fury, who rubbed his forehead with his hand."I think Coulson might be Sam. And you're, obviously, Jerry."

"Sit your ass down, Y/L/N." Fury repeated and you moved away from him.

"Damn, someone's grumpy today." You were on your way around the table and to the chair, when a file on the table and the name on it caught your attention. "What's this?"

"Nothing." Fury snatched it off the table before you could get it.

"It's got Tony's name on it." You said as you raised your head to look at Fury. "What are you doing with that? What have you got there on him?"

"That's none of your business-"

"You've got a file on my ex husband. I think it's very much my business."You said.

Fury let out a breath as he looked at you."It's classified. I can't tell you anything about this, but once it's over I'll tell you what you want to know."

"Is... " You gulped. "Is he in danger?"

Fury avoided your gaze. "He's got one of my best agents with him. She's taking care of him. He doesn't know she's an agent, and I'd prefer it stay that way for now."

You nodded. "Of course." You remembered the new girl who seemed to be everywhere with Tony."Is it... Natalie?"

"Her name is Natasha Romanoff."Fury corrected you.

You bit down onto your lip as you tried to realize what was going on.

A few days later, you were finished with your work and you were on your way towards your car.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You heard your name being called and you turned around, only to see Fury leaning against a black SUV and waiting for you.

"What are you doing here?" You asked as you walked towards him.

When you were close enough, he started to talk. "You wanted to know what was happening, right?"

"Well... yeah." You said.

"Come with me then." He said and opened the door for you to get inside.

You looked at the open door, then at Fury. "You're not taking me somewhere to kill me, are you?"

Fury gave you a stern look and you rushed to get inside the car. Fury closed the door for you before he went to the driver side.

He started to drive away from your company and now you were out in the main street. Fury was quiet the whole time.