Part Fifty Six

The lab doors slid open and you walked in, only to be met with the sight of the car seat placed on the lab table, and Tony working next to it. As you approached them, you saw Nathan was amused by toys that represented the Avengers hanging above his head, and he reached towards them while giggling.

"You see, this is the tracking algorithm that Banner made. That's gonna help us find the bad guy's sceptre." Tony explained to the baby, who was in the process of stuffing his whole fist into his mouth. "It's an upgraded version, you saw we upgraded it this morning, right? Well, if this doesn't find it, I'm gonna be seriously pissed."

"And what are you two doing in here?" You asked them, approaching Tony who smiled as soon as he saw you.

"Hey, sweetheart." He said, wrapping an arm around your waist when you were close enough and placed a kiss on your head. "We're just having some bonding time, right, pal?" He asked your son, whose smile widened when he saw you.

"How long have you been in here?"You asked Tony, who shrugged.

"Since, like, six in the morning. He woke up early and we had nothing better to do, so we came here."

"So, that's why I couldn't hear any crying this morning."You realized and touched the toys that were hanging above the baby's head. "Where did this come from?"

"I - I made it." Bruce spoke up from behind you. You turned, only to see him coming inside through other entrance and carrying a bottle of milk in his hand."Yours is not there cause he tore it off and won't let it go."Bruce gestured at your figure that your son was, indeed, gripping and wasn't planning on letting go anytime soon."Tony's is his second favorite. Can I take him to feed him?"

"Yeah, go ahead." You smiled at Bruce."Why didn't you guys call me to feed him?"

"Cause you were sleeping and we didn't want to disturb you." Tony said.

The door slid open again, revealing Natasha who walked into the lab and saw Bruce carrying Nathan in his arms and feeding him from the bottle."Are you done, it's my turn with him now?"

You shared a look with Tony and sighed. They were still fighting over who can play with Nathan.

"I'm feeding him, Nat. Come back later." Bruce said.

"And risk having Clint take him with himself to the vents? Not a chance, big guy, I'm waiting here until you're done." She said and took a chair, sliding it towards the table and sitting down on it.

"Clint is planning on doing what with my child now?" Tony blinked as he looked at Natasha.

"Is it my turn yet?" Your head turned towards the door as Steve walked in.

"No. Get in line, Rogers." Natasha replied, her eyes focused on the baby.

"Don't you guys have anything better to do?" You raised an eyebrow at them, to which they shrugged.

"Not really."

"I was going to tell him about my war stories."

"He had science lessons this morning, Steve." You said, looking at Tony.

"Oh... I can show him pictures of me and Bucky."

"Yes, because he can totally understand you, Steve." Natasha said."I was going to play with him, I even bought toys this morning."

Bruce put the empty bottle on the table and raised the baby in his arms to get him to burp, while you watched them.

"Right, it's my turn, isn't it?" Thor clapped his hands as he entered the lab. "I'm gonna tell the little guy about Asgard."

"Make sure to include your brother who almost destroyed the whole city."Tony said, making Thor look at him.

"He's adopted.... or... well, was. He's dead now."Thor frowned at the thought and the smile disappeared off your face as well. "Well, is it my turn or not?"

"No!" Everybody replied in the same voice, making you shake your head.

"You guys really don't have anything better to do? My child is not a toy!"Tony said as he took him from Bruce's arms and clutched him close to his chest. "Shoo. We have work to do here."

Natasha frowned, "That's not fair."

"Not fair? We made him." Tony gestured between you and him, while the baby looked over his shoulder around the lab. "Okay? It was team effort. Therefore we have the right to tell you guys no one will be either playing with him or giving him some unimportant lessons about World Wars, or other planets, okay? He has my genes, it's like he was born with a PhD already, okay?"

"Hey! I carried him and gave birth to him!" You protested from behind Tony.

"Okay, I did the easy part, I admit that, but-" Tony was interrupted by Natasha who made a disgusted face.

"Ew. I did not need that mental image."

"Oh my God." You sighed.

"Okay, all of you need to be out of the lab now, we have a job to do here."Tony looked over at you. "You too, baby, you need to have breakfast."

You groaned but you knew you had to listen to him. "Fine."

"Give me a kiss." Tony whispered out to you before you pressed your lips to his and he wrapped his free arm around you.

"Ew." You recognized Natasha's voice.

"Are they kissing?" The voice came from above you, from the vents.

"Yes!" Natasha said louder.

"Ew." Clint repeated, making Tony smirk as he slipped his tongue into your mouth on purpose. Natasha gagged and left the lab quickly, leaving you alone.

"I'm gonna go now." You said and Tony nodded his head. You placed a kiss on your son's head before you left the lab and got inside the elevator to go to the kitchen.