Part Seventy Two

- New Jersey, 1970 -

You, Tony and Steve landed alone in New Jersey in 1970. You took a look around as you three were walking together. "Clearly, you weren't actually born here, right?"Tony asked Steve.

"The idea of me was." Steve replied, wearing a cap and sunglasses.

"Right. Well, imagine you're SHIELD, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization." Tony said. "Where do you hide it?"

"In plain sight." You replied, looking in front of yourself at a building where two men, looking suspicious, walked inside.

Tony tapped on his glasses, getting their heat signatures and seeing them moving down in the elevator.

A few minutes later, you three found yourselves in the same elevator with a lady, who looked you up and down. You and Tony took a step further so she wouldn't recognize Steve.

Tony nodded at Steve when the elevator stopped. "Good luck on your mission, Captain."

Steve looked at the two of you. "Good luck on your project, doctors."Steve replied as you two stepped out.

Tony and you found yourselves in what seemed to be a lab area and you two were looking for the Tesseract. Tony was searching with his glasses and stopped you when you reached one box and nodded."Gotcha."

"That's it?" You asked him.

"Yep." He said. "Look away, honey."He said as he put on the suit arm while you turned around, and he started to open the box with a laser. "Back in the game." He said.

Tony put the Tesseract carefully back in the case and you closed it quickly, just as someone walked in. "Arnim, you in there? Arnim?"Tony and you shared a look and Tony grabbed you under the arm.

"Just pretend you didn't see him. Grab the case, let's go." He said and you two turned, but the man yelled out for you again.

"Hey! Door's this way." He said and you and Tony shared another look.

"Oh, shit."You muttered out.

"I'm looking for Dr. Zola. Have you seen him?"

"Yeah, no, Dr. Zol–" Tony said as he walked towards him, with you following. "No, I haven't seen a soul."He awkwardly bumped into a chair."Pardon me."

"Do I know you two?" The man asked and you glanced down at the roses he was holding.

"No, sir. We're, uh - we're visitors from MIT."Tony said, showing the badge.

"Huh. MIT." The man said. "You got names?"

"Uh– Howard." Tony answered while you were holding onto the case.

"Well, that'll be easy to remember."

"Howard–" Tony looked at you, and you bit on your lip. "Y/L/N."

"Well, I'm Howard Stark." The man said, and your eyes widened. You looked at Tony, who was holding his emotions in as the man held his hand out for a handshake.

"Hi." Tony said and went to shake his hand, when Howard lent out his finger.

"Shake it, don't pull it."

Tony smiled, "Yeah–"

"And the lady?" He asked.

"Um -" Tony looked at you, while you smiled at the man.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You said, and Howard's eyes scanned over your face.

"You two are married?"He asked and Tony grinned.