Part Forty Four

A few days later, you and Tony were out in the city, walking with your hand in his hand. You introduced him almost to the whole city and now you were walking down the street down to the beach.

"What would you think about moving here... like, for the rest of our lives?"Tony asked you out of nowhere and you looked up at him in surprise.

"Tony..." You said and he squeezed your hand in his. "Isn't it too quick for you to make that decision?"

"No, I thought about it the past days. I really want to be with you here." Tony said."Or we can move wherever else you want. I'm fine with your every decision. I just want to be with you."

"Really?" You asked again as you found yourselves at the beach, now walking on the small path right next to it. "You're not joking?"

"Why would I?"

"What about the team?" You questioned.

"Well, it looks like you retired. I'll retire, too, and we can spend our life together here." Tony suggested.

You bit on your lip before looking up at him. "And you really thought about this?"

"Of course."

"Well... that doesn't sound bad, actually."You said and watched as a grin spread out over Tony's face. He stopped you in the middle of the path and faced you.

"Really?" He asked you, and you nodded.

You let out a squeal when he picked you up by your waist and twirled you around, causing your dress to fly everywhere around you. "Tony!"

His lips ended up on yours and he kissed you as he still held you in his arms. You placed your hands on his chest for stability, a smile forming on your face.

After you parted, Tony looked up at you with a grin on his face.

"Put me down now."You said.

"Right!" Tony put you down on the ground before placing a quick kiss on your lips.

"Let's sit down here." You gestured at the bench behind you.

You had a view of the beach and saw some people swimming in the sea, or a family walking with their baby. Tony looked down at you. "Isn't she cute?"

You smiled, leaning against Tony's shoulder as you watched the little girl with her parents. "She is."

"Wanna have one of those?" Tony asked and gestured at the baby, wiggling his eyebrows.

You laughed before snuggling more into Tony. "You think we're ready?"

"Well... I'm 42."

"And I'm 27."You said before you laughed out. Tony gave you a strange look, which made you quickly collect yourself. "Sorry, I just now realised how old you are."

Tony cut you off with a glare, which made you laugh again.

"Sorry." You said and kissed his cheek.

"I'm only fifteen years older than you."Tony said as he wrapped his arm around you, his hand resting on your waist. "But, I was serious."

The smile immediately disappeared off your face, which Tony noticed. He saw you biting down on your lip and he knew what you were thinking about.

"Sweetheart, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. If you don't want to... just tell me."

"No, Tony-"

"No, listen to me, sweetheart."He said before he took your face in his hands and made you look at him. "I'm sorry for bringing this up. I really am. I'll love you the same, with or without kids. You got that?" He asked and you nodded your head. "I know you're thinking about our baby girl."You looked down at the ground as tears filled your eyes. "I know. It's not your fault."

You nodded again. "I... I think I'd want to try again."

Tony nodded before pulling you in for a hug. He placed a kiss on your forehead before he let you rest against him.

The next day, it was late afternoon when Tony walked inside the tower. He wasn't even back for an hour and he couldn't wait for the next two weeks to pass so he can come back to you. When he walked into the top floor, he was met by the team who looked shocked to see him.

"Stark?" Natasha and Steve asked as everyone got up from the couch.

"You're back?" Clint asked him, looking him up and down like he wasn't real.

"Where were you?" Bruce asked.

"I can take a vacation, too, can't I?"Tony asked as he walked behind the bar to pour himself a drink.

"But you never told us you were going anywhere."Natasha said."Where were you, anyway?"

"It's a secret." Tony said as he walked towards them with a glass of whiskey in his hands. They all gave him a surprised look, expecting Tony to give them an answer. "What? You guys all have secrets, I can have one too."He said and walked outside to where his room was, leaving the team to stand there in confusion.

"Does Stark look different to you guys?" Natasha was the first one to ask.

"Yeah, something's different. I don't know what, though." Steve agreed.

"We have to find out what happened to him." Natasha said, making Bruce speak up.

"B-but... he said it's a secret. He obviously didn't want to tell us. I think we should let it go and respect his privacy."

Natasha smiled at him. "Sweet, innocent Bruce."

Meanwhile, Tony was on a video call with you when he was closed in his own room.

"Did they suspect anything?" You asked Tony.

"They are suspicious." Tony shrugged."But I don't think they know I was with you."

You nodded. "That's good."He saw you look around. "I miss you."

He frowned. "I miss you too, honey."

"When are you coming back?"

"In two weeks." Tony answered and your phone moved a bit down, Tony's eyes following to your revealed cleaveage. He felt himself growing hard and he adjusted himself in his pants. After the divorce, he didn't have anyone. He was keeping his word, waiting for you until you decided to take him back. And the few days he spent with you were hell for him, as well. You were so close to him, but he couldn't do anything.

You noticed him staring at you and smiled, making him smile back at you.

"What do you think about my look?"You asked Tony, and he watched you prop your phone up on something before you moved away from it a bit.

He saw you dressed in a white shirt that had a deep cleaveage, and a pair of black shorts. Your hair was styled in curls. Tony let out a whistle. "You look beautiful, baby."

"Thank you."He saw your embarrassed grin, which made his lips curl into a smirk.

"You going somewhere?" He asked you.

"Yep." You answered. "Sofia has an appointment at the doctor's. She wanted me to join her."

"Oh, is she sick?"

"I think she might be pregnant." You said, making Tony's eyes widen.

"She has a boyfriend?"

"She's married, Tony."

"Wow, okay, I didn't expect that." Tony said. "Tell me what happened when you get back."

Before you could answer him, he saw a blur of black fur jumping towards the camera.

"Dona!" He heard you screaming out, but it was too late. That was the last thing he heard before the call was ended by your cat.

He huffed out and dropped the phone on the bed, rubbing his face with his hands. "I hate that cat."