Part Fifty Seven

A few weeks later, the Avengers jet landed at the Avengers tower. Maria and you were making your way towards it just as Dr. Cho was taking Clint, who was hurt during the mission, to have his wounds tended to.

"Lab's all set up, boss." Maria said to Tony, who turned around in the chair.

"Uh, actually, he's the boss." Tony gestured at Steve. "I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler." He said as he approached you and wrapped a hand around your waist, pulling you to his side and placing a kiss on your head.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asked Maria.

"NATO's got him."

"The two enhanced?"Steve asked as Maria handed him the tablet she was holding.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Their abilities?"

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation."Maria explained to him as they walked away. "He's fast and she's weird."

"How are you? Did you get hurt?" You asked Tony as you two walked out together.

"I'm fine, sweetheart." He said and intertwined your fingers with his as you walked towards the entrance of the tower.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come with you guys." You added, which made Tony stop and turn you towards himself, his hand wrapped around your waist.

"It's a good thing you didn't. We don't know what those two enhanced are capable of, and I don't want to see you hurt."

You rolled your eyes playfully before placing a peck on his lips. "I'll go and see how Clint is doing."

"You sure he's going to be okay?"Natasha asked Dr. Cho as she was tending to Clint. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together."

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum." Dr. Cho explained.

"She's creating tissue." Bruce added.

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes."

"Hey guys." They all looked towards the door, only to see you entering the lab with Nathan in your arms, clutching against your shirt as he was placed against your one hip.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?"Tony said as he walked in behind you, carrying a tray of drinks.

"No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic." Clint said.

"How are you feeling, Clint?" You asked Clint, who smiled at you.

"I'm doing better, thank you. See, Y/N is the only one who cares about me."

Tony shook his head as he handed Clint his drink. "Here's your beverage."

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." Cho explained, while Tony took the baby from your hands and gave you your drink.

He saw Nathan reaching for your bottle, and quickly pulled him away."No, no, pal. This one is yours."He said, taking a bottle of milk from the tray.

"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." Clint said.

"That I can't fix." Cho said, making you chuckle. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust." She told your husband, and you looked over at him as he was feeding your son.