Part Fifty One

After Happy was hurt, Tony immediately left to California, leaving you alone. It was the next day, and you were in the garden, tending to your flowers when Sofia rushed inside your house. After she couldn't find you, she ran out of the back door and straight into the garden where she saw you.

"Y/N!" She yelled out, making you drop everything you were holding and turn towards her.

"Sofia? What are you doing here? You're supposed to give birth any day now."

"You need to see the news." She approached you and pulled you by your hand back to the house.

"What? What's going on?" You asked her. "Did something happen?"

"It's about your husband." She said, making your heart drop to your stomach. She took you to the living room, where she made you sit down on the couch before turning on the TV.

The news were showing a video of the house in Malibu where you and Tony lived before. You saw the helicopters circling around the house, before they eventually started to shoot at the house, and it quickly started to collapse, everything falling into the water under the house.

You gasped as you saw there was nothing left of the house after some time. "Was... was Tony there?" You mumbled out.

"I don't know." She said. "But he's presumed missing."

"No... " You mumbled out, your whole body feeling completely numb. You grabbed onto her arm. "This is not happening. He's fine, right? He has to be. He said he'll come back tomorrow."

"Y/N..." She carressed your back while her eyes moved between looking at you and the TV.

"I need to call him." You grabbed your phone from the table and quickly found Tony's contact in it. You pressed the call button and brought the phone towards your ear. You heard the ringing which continued for a few seconds before the call, eventually, ended. Sofia looked at you sadly."Maybe he didn't hear it?"You said and tried a few more times, but he never answered. "I need to go there."

"What?"

"I need to go there right now."You said, while getting up to stand on your shaky legs. You refused to believe something happened to him." I need to pack, you get me a ticket for the first flight there. I don't care how much I have to pay for it."

And, that was what happened.

You took the first flight there, and as soon as you arrived in front of the house, you started to shake even more. You left the car and gasped as you looked at the ruins. Nothing was left of the house anymore, and you feared for Tony if he was inside during the attack. The police quickly noticed you, and a man approached you.

"Miss, you can't be here."

"What?" You glared at him. "This is about my husband."

"Husband? You're married to Mr. Stark? I'm supposed to believe that?"He asked you.

"I don't have time for this." You tried to walk past him, but he stopped you.

"I said you can't go there. And, as I heard, you and Mr. Stark got a divorce."

You sighed as you looked around. Only then, you heard a car stopping behind yours and Daniel was quick to rush out of it and approach you, calling your name.

"You're here already." He said, pulling you in for a hug. "I'm so sorry about this."

"Have you heard anything?" You asked him. "Is he alive? Did they find him?"

Daniel shook his head. "Nothing yet."

"They won't let me get close." You said, looking back at the ruins of the house. Something caught your gaze. "Cover for me."