Chapter 21: Christmas Swim Part 2

Christmas morning arrived and the Heeler family gathered in the living room for the gift exchange. Chilli was the one picking the presents at the tree and then she would give them to Bluey who then would deliver them. Some gifts had already been opened, like the tie Thomas and his sisters had chosen for their dad, a perfume Bandit had given to Chilli, a box with Trixie's favorite chocolate given to her by Stripe, and the kids (Thomas included) all received a box full of Nana's home-made cookies, all while receiving a carved figure made by Grandad.

"Okay, who else do we got here... to uncle Stripe from... Nana and Grandad," Chilli read the tag of the next gift, giving it to Bluey who went to give it to Stripe. "Here you go, uncle Stripe," Bluey said, giving him the gift. "Thanks, Bluey," Stripe replied, excited, unwrapping the gift that was revealed to be an apron that said 'World's Best Chef' at the front. "World's Best Chef! Thanks, mum, thanks, dad," Stripe thanked. "Hey, I thought I was the World's Best Chef," Bandit said, having received the same gift as Stripe, what caused a lot of laughs. "Oh, you both are," Nana replied, while having her arm around Socks. "Well, after your old man, of course," Bob told.

"That one's for Nana... from Bandit," Chilli said, causing Bluey to go give the present. "This is from dad," Bluey told her. "Oh, thanks, Bandy," Nana thanked, after getting the gift. "No worries, mum," Bandit replied. "Oh, what is it?" she asked, while unwrapping. "Oh, it's a shirt, what does it say? Hang on, I'll just get my glasses," Nana said, putting on her glasses, but she then say that the shirt said exactly what she just said, causing everyone to drop a laugh. "And here's one for Grandad from Stripe," Chilli said, giving the gift to Bluey that went to give to Grandad. "This is from uncle Stripe," she said. "Don't tell me, it's also a shirt?" he asked. "Why don't you open it and see it," Stripe replied. Bob did so and saw it was really a shirt saying 'World's Best Dancer'. "Oh, son, I love it, and it's nice to be recognized for my dance moves," Bob said. "Well, I was kind of hoping it would motivate you to dance better, dad," Stripe replied, causing everyone to drop a laugh. "Very funy," Bob said, smiling, while putting on the shirt.

The girls also unwrapped more of their presents, with Bingo finding a doctor's bag given to her by Bandit and Chilli to be her favorite, while Muffin and Socks' favorite gift was the pool floaties (an island for Muffin and a pizza slice for Socks) their parents gave them. Bandit also got excited for tennis balls he received from Chilli. "And now... to Thomas from... Mum and Dad," Chilli said, giving a wrapped box to Bluey who went to give it to her brother, "This is from Mum and Dad," Bluey told him. "Thanks, Bluey," Thomas thanked, proceeding to unwrapped his gift that were... "Inline skates!" Thomas exclaimed, with a big smile. "That way, you don't have to take any of your sisters' bikes whenever you want to go somewhere," Bandit told, making Thomas release a chuckle, as he was referring that one time he took Bingo's bike to go get a gift for Bluey's birthday.

"Thanks, dad, thanks, mom" he thanked. "But that's not all," Chilli said. "We chose those skates especially for you, mate, they are convertible, you can turn them into ice skates," Bandit revealed. "Really?" Thomas asked, noticing they were really convertible, possessing a set of ice blades to replace the wheels. "I know how you missed ice skating, and I got information about a rink where you can use them," Bandit told. That caused Thomas to look at both Bandit and Chilli, with a smile of pure joy. "Thank you so much," he told, causing both parents to feel happy that their son loved the gift they got him.

"And to Bluey from Mum and Dad" Chilli said, while taking another wrapped box and put it before Bluey. "Oh, this one's for me! Thanks Mum and Dad!" Bluey replied, unwrapping the gift and revealing a doll of a male dog dressed with a shirt and jeans that everyone admired. "Oh, I love him! I'm going to call you Bartleby," Bluey exclaimed, while holding the box and talking to the doll. "And I think that's it, it's all done," Chilli said. "Christmas Swim!" Muffin exclaimed in her crazy way, while she had her dad start filling in the floaty. "Yeah!" everyone shouted back.