Chapter 65: The Sleepover

Bingo was doing her work at her table with her class. At Bingo's table there was Bingo herself, Jasper W, Snowball, and Lila. "Okay class, after you get finished with your work, you can have some free time," Mrs. Poodle said with a warm smile. "Yes Mrs. Poodie," the class said before going back to their work. "Hey Bingo?" Lila asked nervously as she looked at her best friend. "Yeah?" Bingo said, turning to her best friend with a smile. "Um... my mum said I can have a sleepover and I was wondering if you would like to come over and have a sleepover with me?" Lila asked, still nervous, of what her friend would say. Bingo was taken aback by this question. Bingo had never stayed at anyone's house before besides staying at uncle Stripe's house with her family by her side.

"That sounds fun! I'll ask my mum about it," Bingo said, trying not to be too nervous about it. "Okay!" Lila said, wagging her tail. Bingo nodded and went back to her work but still felt nervous about the idea. After school all the kids went to their parents who came and picked them up. Bingo then spotted her mother and ran up to her. "Hey Bingo! How was your day sweetheart?" Chilli asked as she hugged her daughter. "It was great!" Bingo said while wagging her tail. "Hey Chilli! Can I talk to you for a second?" Shelia asked as she walked up to Chilli with Lila by her side. "Sure!" Chilli said with a smile. Bingo and Lila then went to the side and let their parents talk while they played a little game of rock, paper, scissors.

After a few minutes of talking it was then time to go. Bingo and Chilli then went back to the car and started to drive and go get Bluey. "So... Lila's mum said she was having a sleepover and wanted you to come," Chilli said as she drove. "Yeah, Lila told me," Bingo said looking down. "Something wrong sweetie?" Chilli said, taking a look in the rear view mirror for a second then back at the road. "I'm not really sure about it," Bingo said, feeling guilty. "Oh, sweetie is it because it's a new place to be?" Chilli asked while driving. "Yeah," Bingo said in a low tone. Chilli frowned knowing her daughter was struggling. "Do you want to talk to Bluey about it? She's been to Chole's house and had a sleepover many times!" Chilli said trying to cheer her up. "But that's because she's older," Bingo said still unsure of herself going.

"I'm sure it will be fun! And if you ever need me, I'm sure Lila's mum will let you call me," Chilli said with a warm smile. "You promise?" Bingo asked, looking at her mother in the mirror. "I promise sweetheart," Chilli said, keeping her smile. Bingo nodded and looked out the window as they were driving. Bingo thought about it and thought maybe it would be so bad and she would ask her older siblings what it was like when they stayed the night at their mates houses. Later that night right before dinner. Thomas was in his room drawing at his desk. Thomas was getting some sketches done for Rads wedding. Bingo happened to walk by her brothers room. "Thomas?" Bingo asked as she peaked into her brother's room. "Yes Bingo?" Thomas said, looking at his youngest sister.

"C-can I talk to you for a second?" Bingo asked, looking down at the ground. "Of course you can! What's up?" Thomas asked, turning his chair towards her. "I-I got invited to sleep over at Lila's house," Bingo said still looking down. "Oh yeah? That's cool!" Thomas said with a smile. Bingo nodded, still looking at her brother. "What's wrong Bingo? Aren't you excited to go?" Thomas asked now getting down on knee to her level. "I am, but... I'm a little scared," Bingo said, twiddling her fingers. "Hey, come here," Thomas said as he picked her up.

"It's okay to be scared, it's your sleepover away from home, I was scared when I first had my first sleepover away from my house," Thomas explained as he sat down on his bed with his sister. "Really? You were?" Bingo asked, tilting her head to the left. "Yep! I was after a birthday party at my friends house it was an all boys sleepover," Thomas explained. "What did you do?" Bingo asked now interested in what her brother had to say. "I called my mom and she talked to me and eventually everything was okay! I was home sick or scared anymore because my mom reassured me that everything would be alright and I would see her in the morning," Thomas explained with a smile. "B-but what if I can't call mum or dad?" Bingo asked, still worried. "Remember that song you made up to remember my phone number?" Thomas asked, putting his arm around Bingo's shoulder. "Yes?" Bingo said looking at her brother. "Just remember that little song you made and give me a call and I'll come get you if you're scared,"Thomas said, now rubbing her shoulder.