Chapter 58: Only You

Two Weeks later...

Thomas was sleeping in his room having a nightmare tossing and turning while having a cold sweat. Images of Chilli bleeding flashed in his dream, he could still hear her crying. Thomas jumped up from his bed and was breathing hard. Not knowing how to feel he cried. He knew his stepmom was alright and feeling better but he was still worried about her. Thomas looked at his clock and saw it was three in the morning. Thomas then got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Thomas washed his hands after using the bathroom and Splashed some cold water in his face. Thomas looked on the ground where the blood use to be from Chilli's miscarriage. Thomas started to feel uneasy with the room closing in on him.

Thomas looked in the mirror and everything went to normal. Thomas shed a tear and then left the bathroom. Thomas grabbed his blanket and pillow and went to his parents room. Thomas looked at his parents who were sleeping soundly cuddling each other. Thomas took a deep breath and laid down on Chilli's side of the bed on the floor. Thomas laid on his side again looking away from the bed and took a deep breath and exhaled. The next morning Chilli and Bandit had woken up and sat up. "Oh!" Chilli said, looking down on the floor. "What's wrong babe?" Bandit asked, looking at his wife. "Our son's sleeping on the floor," Chilli said looking at Thomas who clearly looked cold from being on the floor. "Oh mate," Bandit said, looking at his son from his wife's side of the bed.

Chilli lightly walked over her son and then placed her hand on his shoulder. "Thomas?" Chilli said softly. Thomas woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Mate? Why did you sleep on the floor?" Bandit asked, sitting down next to his son against the bed. Chilli also sat next to Thomas with her back against the bed. "I... I just been having nightmares lately about you mom," Thomas said looking at Chilli. Bandit and Chilli looked at each other and then looked at Thomas. "Sweetie, I know that was hard for you to see and it's been hard on all of us," Chilli said, placing her hand on her son's leg. "I know but if I... if I didn't leave you," Thomas said looking down. "You did the best you could, mate," Bandit said, putting his hand on his son's shoulder. "I could have done more! Just like when it was mom!" Thomas shouted, looking at his dad. "Thomas..." Bandit said "I have to get ready for school," Thomas said, standing up and leaving the room. Bandit and Chilli looked at each other and then placed their hands on one another.

Chilli was making Bluey and Bingo breakfast When Thomas grabbed a banana and was about to leave until Chilli stopped him. "It's okay sweetie," Chilli whispered to her son and kissed on his cheek. A tear fell from his muzzle as he left for school. Bluey and Bingo haven't spoken about the incident since they heard about their mother losing the baby. Chilli placed down some toast and their cereal. "How are you two holding up?" Chilli asked, looking at her daughters. Bluey and Bingo shrugged, not looking at their mother. "I know that everything that happened was really hard," Chilli said, holding her daughters hands. "Are you okay mum?" Bluey asked, looking at her mother . "I will be," Chilli said with a warm smile. "Is dad okay?" Bingo asked, looking at her mother. "He'll be okay sweetie," Chilli said looking at Bingo. "And Thomas?" Bluey asked, taking a bite of her toast. "He's taking it the hardest but we will be here for him," Chilli said with a smile. "Yeah we will!" The girls said with a smile.

Thomas went out to his car and got in it and started it. "Mate! Wait!" Bandit said coming out to the driveway. Thomas rolled down his window and looked at his dad. "Thomas, you can stay home if you want, we all could just take this time for ourselves and heal mate," Bandit said Thomas thought for a moment but his thoughts raced back to seeing Chilli having a panic attack on the bathroom floor. Thomas shook himself out of that thought and looked at his dad. "I'm going to be late dad, I have to go," Thomas said as he started back up his car. Bandit sighed and watched his son leave down the road.