Apologies, Understanding & meetings. Chapter 11.

Zayn's P.O.V.

My heart was pounding and beating a mile a minute. I had no clue what Dr. Moore was about to say, but whatever it was couldn't have been any good. Could it?

His face masked a hopeless expression, his voice lacked of hope, as if what he had to say would harm anyone. "What is it?" I asked.

"Well, I'm sorry to say this, there's no easy way to say this, but," he began, his words only stabbing me slowly with a knife, as I became impatient and it only took him forever to say this. Well, that's how it felt anyway. "Perrie is okay, but we'd like to keep her a little while longer. Maybe a week, then she can go home. We just want to make sure that she's one-hundred percent okay, strong, and can go home with no worries. Plus, right now, we have to check a few things. You can see her if you want, but in about ten minute, we have to go in her room to do something." He explained.

A part of me roared with happiness, and another part of me screamed even louder that we were getting married, we'd be a family, to raise our son together, show him what's right in the world and what's not. "Okay, thank you so much. I will visit her, thanks." I said, shaking Dr. Moore's hand for being so helpful.

"You're welcome." He said. Mom walked in just as I was about to go to Perrie's room. She held Jasper, and her purse. Harry walked in right behind mom. I smiled at all three of them, happy that they came, and just in time too!

"Hey." I said.

"Hello, Zayn." Mom kissed my cheek.

"Hey, brother." Harry greeted me with a handshake.

"I was just about to go visit her, but it can only be for a few minutes. Could I go in there alone?" I asked. "I would love for you all to go in there too, but I want to ask her something."

"It's okay, Zayn, you go talk to her. We'll wait." Mom said.

"Could I take Jasper with me, please?" I asked.

"Yes." Mom said, handing Jasper to me and smiling. I smiled back, walking to Perrie's room. I peaked through the small window of the door, seeing her smile at me. I smiled back, opening the door. She looked at the little baby I held, smiling even more and saying,

"Jasper!" I walked over to her.

"I thought you might want to hold him." I said, handing him to her. She took him, kissing his cute little cheeks. I sat in the chair beside her bed. I looked at the plant I had bought, thinking of how much she likes them. I wonder if she's seen it yet? I thought.

I heard a sob escape her lips, looking over at her. "Are you alright?" I asked, sitting next to her on the bed.

"I'm so sorry, Zayn." She cried.

"About what? There's nothing to be sorry for." I said.

"Yes, Zayn, there is. I'm sorry I never told you that Jasper was yours. I'm sorry I left you, I was just so afraid." She said.

I wrapped my arms around her, saying, "I know you were, and I understand. And it's okay that you didn't tell me, I know now, and I love him with all my heart. And most importantly, I love you and I never stopped loving you." I said.

"You never did stop loving me?" She spoke.

"No, I never stopped. You were and still are, the best thing that's ever happened to me. You're the best person I've ever met, and I'm so happy that I did meet you, and that I get to be here with you, help you raise him and be able to marry you." I said.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I heard what you were saying, I know that you were the one who took care of him for me. I put you on the emergency calling list, not knowing if it was the right thing to do or not. But, it was the best decision I've ever made in my whole life." She said.