Chocolate, Beige & Yellow. Chapter 14.

____

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Yeah, I want it like that, thanks." I said to Mr. Wilson. Mr. Don Wilson, my painter. He's going to paint the outside of the house and the inside.

I walked by him, going over to Mr. Stewart. "How's it going?" I asked, as he removed the concrete with his jackhammer.

"It's going fine." He said.

"Alright." I said, walking towards Mrs. Canal. "How's the garden going?" I asked.

"Well, I'm thinking of maybe planting a few bushes in front of that window. What do you think, is that okay with you?" She asked. I looked at the window she pointed to. It sat in the front, near the driveway.

"I think that would look nice." I said. I was putting a lot of thought into this, because in my head, everything had to be perfect.

"Okay." She said. "But, I'll have to wait until the outside of the house is finished."

"Okay." I said. She nodded and walked around the house, probably looking around so she could already know where to plant.

I headed inside the house, and over to Mr. Prescott, who I found looking around the kitchen.

"What do you want done in here? Like, do you plan to change the kitchen area?" He asked.

"Yes, I do. I plan on using certain colors around the house. The master bedroom, I'd prefer to be done before the other rooms. I mean, before bathrooms and rooms like that, guest rooms. I want the living room to be done first, then we can do the kitchen and the sitting area. And after that, we can do the hallways then the master bedroom, which makes us able to also do the master bathroom. After that, we can finish all the other rooms. But I want the baby's room to be last."

"Alright." He said.

"But, we can wait on the furniture right now. I can tell you what I want, as in furniture and where to place it, but we can't move it in yet. We have to get the walls painted and I want a new staircase built in." I said.

"Okay." He said. I nodded and walked outside, heading back to Mr. Stewart.

"Hey, when you're done with that, can you replace the stairs on the inside?" I asked him. He shut off his jackhammer, removing his work mask.

"What?" He asked.

"When you're done with the driveway, can you replace the staircase on the inside?" I asked.

"Sure." He said. "This is going to take a long time to get done." He said.

"Not that long. We have a week, and I'll make it happen." I said.

Because, supposedly it would take a long time, I did the only logical thing... I called more help out. I didn't hire another landscaper but I hired another painter, contractor, and another interior designer. I had to get this done on time.

(2 days later.)

It's been two days since I started fixing up the house, and so far I'd say it's looking great. We got most of the painting done and I already have some nice, comfortable furniture in the house. It's actually looking, and feeling, like home. So comfortable.

My main colors on the inside is; chocolate, yellow and beige. Nice, sutle colors.

At the moment, I was picking out what kind of curtains to use in the living room. I decided to put blinds, nice chocolate blinds. But, there's a twist. Over the blinds, I put a curtain. A nice, beige curtain. Yellow accents were also a part of the house.

The outside looked amazing, the scenery was absolutely beautiful. I think that the house, if not perfect, would definitely be decent to Perrie. She was being released from the hospital in a matter of four days. I believed I'd have the house ready by then. The halls are being decorated, then it's on to the master bedroom and bathroom. I didn't need much in the other guest rooms. I would have them put in a painting room for me, and probably a study. I will leave one room empty for Perrie, in case she wants something of her own choice in it.

That day, when we were decorating the halls, I had gained a brilliant idea. Perrie had always wanted a cat, so I was thinking about getting her one. Then, she'd have two unexpected gifts waiting for her.

When nightfall set, and daylight went, I said goodbye to my workers, who'd be back in the morning. They left and I looked around at the masterpiece I stood in. It was the most delicate house I'd ever lived in. I couldn't wait for Perrie to see it.

I was literally dying to see Jasper, it had been three days since I last did. So, I went to go see him. My mom took him to her place on the second day.

I got in my car and drove onto the streets. I made it to her house, getting out and going up to the door. I knocked a few times.

The door opened to my mom. "Hello." She smiled. She let me in and I sat on the couch.

"Hi, mom, how's Jasper doing?" I asked.

"He's fine, I think he misses you." She laughed slightly.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He's upstairs in his room." She told me.

"How have you been?" I asked.

"Oh, I've been okay, thank you." She replied.

"You're welcome. Can I go see him?" I questioned.

"Of course you can." She said.

"Thanks." I stood up and went upstairs. I slightly pushed the door open with my hand, since it was pulled to.

I walked over to the crib, looking at the sleeping baby. He let out a cute yawn, and I picked him up. I cuddled him in my arm and sat down on a rocking chair. I looked at his face and thought, Look at you. Getting so big. You're growing up too fast. I quietly laughed at myself. I stood up after 10 minutes and put Jasper gently into his crib. I kissed his cheek and left the room, going back downstairs.

"He's adorable." I said.

"Yes he is." Mom said.

"Can I stay for dinner?" I asked.

"Yes, you can." She smiled.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"Your favorite." She said.

"Chicken!?" I asked.

"Yes." She laughed.

"We're having chicken?" Walihya said, coming down the stairs.

"Wali." I said. "It's been a while." I joked.

"You're funny, Zayn." She said sarcastically, while laughing. I gave her a hug and sat on the couch.

"Zayn, have you seen Perrie since you started fixing the house?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, I sat with her yesterday." I said. "I'm going to visit her again tomorrow. Why?"

"I was just asking." She said.

"Okay." After we ate dinner, I had to head home.

I was proper excited for the day Perrie could come home. I couldn't wait, I was ecstatic.

A/N.

Thank you all so much. A lot of reads.

This chapter is dedicated to, @ZaynsNumber1Fan. HEY! THANK YOU! :) Love you all x :)