Cheers, Thoughts & Gifts. Chapter 12.

Zayn's P.O.V.

The whole room erupted with cheers, claps and applause. The fact that everyone was happy made my heart skip a beat. That day was the best day ever, I would never want to replace it.

"Congratulations!" Mom cheers, clapping her hands then coming towards us. She hugged me then hugged Perrie. "Welcome to the family, Perrie." Mom smiled.

Perrie smiled back. "Thank you, Ms. Malik-"

"Oh, no, dear... please, call me mom." Mom laughed.

"Okay." Perrie said excitedly.

Harry started to clap slowly, approaching us with a smile. "So.. Uh, when's the wedding?"

"Harry, the wedding is going to be so soon." I said.

"Yup." Perrie agreed. And that one word, "yes," reminded me of my question that I hadn't asked her yet.

"That reminds me." I said, turning to Perrie and saying, "I've known you for 5 years now, I want to make you mine forever. I think, and I know that we'd definitely make it as husband and wife, so I want to make this, us, official." I said.

"Will you, Perrie Edwards, marry me?" I asked, kneeling on one knee and taking a fake ring from a tiny box, holding it up. Well, actually it wasn't fake, but it wasn't the official ring. It was an old ring, a promise ring that I got her when we were 16, and she took it off, left it at my mom's house, never came back for it. That was when we were 18. And because she never went back for it, the day I lost my job as a cashier, and when I lost my apartment, I went to mom's house, it was still there. Just in my room, on my shelf, exactly where I'd left it.

A grin replaced her smile, as she said, "Of course I will. I already said yes!" I gently took her left hand in mine, placing the ring on her marriage finger. She examined the ring, her smile becoming bigger, as she looked up at me. "Zayn... it's the ring you gave me as a promise ring, when we got together."

"Yes, it is." I said.

"I lost this two years ago. How'd you find it?" She asked.

"You left it at my mom's house, and never went back for it. I kept it." I told her.

"I love you, Zayn. Going through all of this for me." She said.

"I love you too." I said. "I felt like I should purpose the right way."

"Well, the both ways you did was great. Thank you." She smiled.

"You're welcome. And thank you." I told her.

"For..?" She said.

"Saying yes." I said. We talked for 10 more minutes, then everyone else left. I stayed for a bit, even though she was asleep. I was thinking about something and I just wanted to stay with her. I thought about everything that happened in the passed year. A lot had happened, really, it's hard to really tell you how I felt. I know I felt a mixture of emotions. They were all good emotions, though, especially the fact that I felt loved.

I looked at the time and it was 7 o'clock in the evening, night was just taking it's course. I walked over to her end table, taking my pen from my jacket pocket, and writing on a piece of paper.

Dear Perrie

Hey, it's me, Zayn. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going home, got to look after Jasper. I'll be back, I promise. Oh, and I don't know if the Doctor told you this, but you can come home in a week. I'm really looking forward to that day. Have you seen the plant yet? It's on your end table. I got your favorite one, and it's actually lasted a whole month long. I've been tending to it, just for you. I love you x. Signed, yours truly, Zayn.

I placed the note on her bedside table, kissing her cheek and leaving the room. I left the hospital, going home. I walked home because Harry took my car. He drove himself and mom to my house.

I made it home, unlocking the door and going inside. I looked at the time, it was 8:32P.m when I got back. I walked into the kitchen, washing my hands and getting some water. I drank it and went to look for Harry and mom. Mom was asleep in the guest room. But I didn't know where Harry or Jasper was? I went to Jasper's room, opening the door and looking inside. Harry was on the floor with Jasper, just laughing. "What are you laughing at, Harry?" I asked.

"Jasper." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because... He's just so adorable." He laughed.

"What is he doing?" I asked.

"Nothing, he's smiling at me." He told me. I mentally laughed. "I think he likes me." Harry said.

"He probably does. He's a very nice baby. Well, I need to feed him." I said.

"Awww. Okay." Harry said, handing Jasper to me. Harry stood up, following me out of the room and into the kitchen. I fed Jasper a bottle, changing his diaper and bathing him. He fell asleep just seconds after his bath. I walked to my room, opening the door and going inside. I placed sleeping little Jasper into his crib, putting his little baby blanket over him.

I walked out of the room, sitting on the couch. "Did you and mom eat?" I asked.

"Yes, we picked up some Taco Bell." He said.

"Alright."

"Did you eat?" He asked.

"Yeah, I did. On the way here." I said. That wasn't a lie. I ate some Popeye's chicken, french-fries and a biscuit. "Well, stay here. I'll be right back." I said. Harry gave me a confused look, and I just smiled, leaving the room. I didn't just go and eat, I also got Harry a late birthday gift. I opened my bag, grabbing out the wrapped gift. I actually ordered it days before this day, but I could finally pick it up that day, so I did. I walked back into the living room, handing the gift to Harry.

"What's this?" Harry asked surprised.

"Open it. It's your late, very late birthday gift. Sorry it's so late, but you're going to love it. By the way, that cost 3500$." I said.

"WHAT!?" Harry said, stunned.

"Yes, that much. Open it." I said. Harry ripped off the wrapping paper, looking at the box with huge eyes. His mouth hung open, and then he smiled.

"Thank you so much, Zayn. This is the best present ever." He said. "You don't know how much I wanted one of these."

"Yes, I did, that's why I got you one." I said.

"I just can't believe that you got me a gaming computer." He said, still shocked.

"Yes, and it's the newest one too." I said.

"Thank you, Zayn, thank you truly." He gave me a hug, saying, "You know what, I've never had an actual brother, but you're the best brother ever."

"Thanks. And the same to you." I said. Harry left, and I went to bed at 2Am. It was hard for me to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about Perrie and all the things I wanted to do before she came home.

A/N

Short chapter, I know, but the next chapter is going to be pretty long. But no spoilers. Thank you all so much! Love you all x :)

I'd like to dedicate this to my good friend.