Packing, Moves & Great Views - Chapter 52

Narrator's P.O.V.
(July 11th)

It was a hot day on a cloudy July afternoon. Louis Tomlinson hauled a heavy box, filled with picture frames, out of his garage and put into the back of a moving truck. He slid it to the side before dusting his hands off. He smiled to himself. Today was the day, he thought.

He had already folded his bedspread along with the sheets neatly, so when he went to get the bed itself, all he needed to do was pull the mattress off, throw it to the side, and start to take apart his steel bed frame.

Only four hours later, seven thirty-eight Post meridiem, Louis was standing at the base of his front door, staring at his now empty house. The floors were perfect light wood, a pattern of many different stylish creases, and the walls were a slight gray-white. It felt more vacant than it should've, and anytime he would sigh aloud or talk to himself he would hear the loudness of the echoes off the wall.

Checking one more time to make sure he missed nothing, he nodded satisfied and closed up the door, locking it. As he approached his car he looked at the "For Sale" sign sticking up from the grass, which was a beautiful green. He wasn't sad in the least that he was leaving behind his house, for the second time this year, and even though he really loved this one, he kept it in mind that the purpose was more important than the model.

He slammed the truck door closed as he started the ignition, listening to the truck rev to life, the motor rumbling. He drove straight out of his - the - driveway, leaving the small neighborhood.

He was even more happy with his move when he saw what great view he had! It was brilliant. Why hadn't he thought of this move sooner?

He stood at the back of the truck, ready to get to unpacking. And so, his day begins.