AITC Teaser - Stone-cold Welcome

"Natasha. . . . Natasha."

Mumbling some unknown words, I flutter open my eyes open to see Cyndi above me. "Finally, sleepyhead." She laughed.

"Are we late?!" I jumped up as I realized we didn't set an alarm last night for school.

"We're lucky. Luke decided to be the smart one and set his alarm clock. We were all being stupid, for once Luke came through for us." She sent a playful glare at Lucas.

"Hey, if it weren't for this genius, we'd be late, so get up and get ready, we have to go," Lucas said, clapping his hands in an impatient way that most guys do.

"Morning, babe." Alex kissed Cyndi's cheek from behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Her smile grew as she giggled and blushed at her boyfriend.

Shaking my head, I sat up, grabbed my bag from the room, and changed in the bathroom, making sure to lock the door.

"Are we all ready?" Lucas said at the door and we all said 'yes.'

______

"We all know that students aren't done filling up those empty seats," Mrs. Bailey pointed to the back of the class and all around at the empty seats in the classroom. "So, tomorrow, I'll be introducing three new students. I'm going to just say this now: I want you all to be well behaved and treat these newcomers as you wish to be treated. Meaning, treat them correctly. I don't want to see someone being pushed to the floor in the hallways, or someone with a bruised eye because someone had the bright idea to throw a football at their face. Now, that's all. Let's begin with the lesson.

"So, everyone, turn your book to page 74."

I listened to her speak and get her point across, and I turned my book over to the page as instructed. I yawned, but didn't dare close my eyes during my lesson. I couldn't do that. The one thing I practically never done before, is fall asleep during class. Normally I don't stay up as long as I had the night before.

"Pst," some girl nudged me from my left and I looked at what she held out to me. It was a piece of paper, so I took it and unfolded it. It read:

Isn't she a bore?

What do you say about

a little rebelling?

-Amber.

I looked over at "Amber" and shook my head. I stood up and began to walk to the front of the class.

"What are you doing, Ms. White? Sit back down." Mrs. Bailey began, but I handed her the paper and said,

"Amber gave this to me." I turned around, a smirk on my face as I sat in my seat and looked at Amber, who had an angry look upon her face.

She looked at me and shook her head, so I stuck my tongue out at her. She gave me the middle finger so I just rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Amber Jefferson! I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in my class. Report to the principles office now." Amber stomped out of the class, grabbing her detention slip. "Thank you, Natasha."

I smiled and waved. "No problem."

_______

"Yeah, and then the dog got sliced right through his stomach, it was insane!" I listened to Lucas blab and blab about this one movie he saw in his class and I laughed along to it. It was pretty intriguing. . . The way he could talk and talk and talk and talk.

"Lucas." I stopped him from blabbing for a minute.

"Yes?" he said ever-so innocently. I could tell he was going to be a great friend.

"Calm yourself." I laughed, taking a bite from my sandwich. "I didn't understand most of it, because you were talking way too fast, but it sounds pretty awesome." I smiled.

"Oh, sorry, I do that a lot. It's a habit I picked up from Cyndi, who just so happens to be coming with Alex right now." I looked over, and so he was right. Here came Alex and Cyndi, walking to our table.

I waved at Cyndi and she gave me a wave and a small smile back. "Hey, Natasha!"

"Heyo, Cyndi!" We greeted each other while Alex and Lucas greeted.

"Guess what happened, guys! Before Luke talks a hole through your heads," I teased.

"No, I don't want to guess," Cyndi said.

"There's this girl named Amber in my class and she tried to get me to rebel against the teacher, so guess what I did?" I said.

"You rebelled?" Lucas asked.

I rolled my eyes. "No. I gave the note to Mrs. Bailey!" I smiled at my accomplishments, but they all started laughing. "What? That was a great thing!"

"Awe, it's okay, Natasha, I love you for being you!" Cyndi said, giving me a side hug.

"At least I didn't do the wrong thing," I said, sadly.

"Yeah, we know, that's not why we're laughing. We're laughing because the way you said it was so, like, "I'm a badgirl."" Lucas explained.

"Ooh," I replied. "Okay then!"

______

As I tried to sneak my way up the stairs, the garage door swung open and my Dad rushed towards me. In sheer fright, I jumped up and started to run up the stairs.

My Dad grabbed my ankle and yanked me, causing me to fall face-first onto the stairs. I let out a scream as he dragged me down the stairs by my hair, and slapped me in the face.

"Please stop!" I pleaded with him, but he just laughed and pulled me up, making me scream more. As tears spilled from my eyes, he pushed me against the wall, roughly grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him.

I tightly shut my eyes, biting my lip to stop the sob from coming up, otherwise it would've been worse.

"You don't have the right to cry," he said as he threw me to the floor, making me fall right onto my knees, causing a sharp pain to shoot through my knees and up my thighs.

"Ow," I screamed out, falling on my back and crying hardly.

"Shut up!" he yelled at me and slapped me again, standing over me. "Shut up!" he yelled again and tried to punch his fist down at my face, but I rolled over, making him have to jump.

"Leave me alone. . ." My voice cracked as tears kept falling, and I pushed myself as far against the wall and in the corner as possible.

He lifted up a glass plate and threw it above my head. I screamed, covering my head with my hands. "Clean up this mess!" he yelled at me before grabbing his coat and slamming the front door shut.

I stood up, my sobs overtaking my body, and I swept up the glass.

Looking at myself in the bathroom mirror, I saw I had a mark on my face. It was a bruise from him slapping me.

The tears came again, and I slipped into the shower, crying for a long time, just letting the water rain over me.

Just a few. . . I thought to myself as I reached for my razor and made three new cuts on my right forearm, watching the blood wash down the drain as I cried. I blocked out the firing pain in my forearm and washed up, then got out, dressed, then cried myself to sleep. . .

Thank God Mom was going to be home tomorrow.

---

So, everyone. Right there was a teaser of my new book, "Alone In The Cold," please check it out if you're interested, and hit the thumbs up button....or the vote button! : )

Also, my new account has been made. Follow back/messaging/contact/announcements/ will be posted there, as well as new updates!

Thank you all so much for the support, love you guys.

-Zaynie xx