Snubbing, Texting & Flashbacks - Chapter 29

Zayn's P.O.V.

As soon as I hit the last step, Jasper began to cry, more like scream. I groaned as I knew Perrie was a bigger reason than I was for waking him, and she was going to make me do it anyway.

"You deal with him, it's your fault!" she yelled through her tears. It wasn't my fault that she keeps playing the snubbing game.

Walking into Jasper's room, I lift him from his crib and lay his face gently against my chest, bouncing as I walked so he could fall asleep. "Shh," I whispered. "She's just a little angry, she'll be fine though." Doubting my own words, I sit down in the rocking chair with him.

After he was asleep, I lay him gently in his crib, pull the blanket over his body, and leave the room. I walked down the stairs and opened a pantry, which held all the pillows, duvets and comforters. I grab a comforter and a pillow, then make my way to the couch, sitting down and unfolding the comforter. I lay my head down on the pillow which was at the end of the couch, resting against the arm, and I pull the cover up then close my eyes and fall asleep.

In the morning, I left for work, kissing Jasper's cheek and checking in on Perrie. She was still fast asleep in the room, but I couldn't help but feel offended.

"Hey Zayn," Tony greets me as I get out of my car.

"Hey. You guys start yet?" I asked, walking up to the house.

"Yeah, they're re-concreting the back porch right now. I'm just getting ready to finish the walls in the living room." He began to put on his gear.

"Alright, I'll check on everything in a few minutes." I said as he put his helmet on. He smiled and nodded, walking away.

Pulling my phone from my pocket, I looked at the time. 7:16 AM. I sent Perrie a good morning message.

Good morning. I hope you slept well. Love you. -Zayn-

After sending the text, I put my phone away and walked into the house. "Nice job, guys!" I cheered to my crew as I saw the new additions to the living room. It was outstanding. The living room wasn't too big, it was actually pretty small, and the design they did fit perfectly.

This house was the type of house that would cost a fortune to, not only buy, but to rent. It was small, yes, but it was also highly designed. The lights cost me a lot, so does the flooring, the walls, the redesigning of the outside, all the gardening, and the view, even the pond out in the back. Not to mention that the people that want to buy it at any cost, also wants a pool. That's probably going to be the biggest cost.

|......Perrie's P.O.V......|

I sighed. Last night wasn't good. I think I was just tired, but I knew I shouldn't have done what I did. He didn't deserve to sleep on the couch, now his back probably hurts. It's all my fault.

Shaking my head, I stood from the bed and went into Jasper's room. He was laying awake in his crib, nibbling on his teething toy. "Hey little guy," I said, picking him up and carrying him down the stairs and into the kitchen. Sitting him in his highchair, I began to pick a baby food for him. "So, you want peas, carrots, mango and banana, or peaches?" I looked over at him and laughed to myself. "Let's go with the mango and banana today."

After feeding him I then bathed him, dressed him up in warm clothes, and then I sat him under his juggle gym so he could play while I checked my phone.

Seeing I had one text message from Zayn, I opened it and read.

From Zayn: 
                    Good morning. I hope you slept well. Love you.