A Simple Dedication

This is a teaser of my new story "Legal Love." I hope you will show some love to that story as well <3
_________

I don't honestly think there was a time when I felt better about myself.

Ever since my career started all I'd ever wanted to do was change somebody's life - in the best way possible. When I moved down to Burnsley it was because management told me about the place, and they said that it was the "L.A." of London, and making a career, obviously it would be a great place to relocate to. However, when I'd moved here I just kept hearing these terrible stories about the place, such as the homeless story; they couldn't live here because they didn't "qualify." Apparently, they didn't meet the standards of Burnsley.

Don't get me wrong, I questioned some of the town's people on this matter, and most of them had the same answer; "Yes, it is true. We believe that if you want to have yourself a great community, you need to keep out those who have any kind of chance at bringing you down. That's how those things happen." But I ended up telling most of them that that really made them look completely bad. They didn't care.

Burnsley started out as this small town in the early 1820's, founded by the late Carlisle Mansfield. The town was family owned, and at the time, was owned by Carlisle and Rosa Mansfield, along with their seven children; Elizabet, Margaret, Roux, Charles, Gerald, Rhonda and Esther. The town first started as Lewes but was soon changed to Burnsley in honor of the Ashford family who were all murdered in a fire caused by arson.

The town wasn't famous at its first upbringing, but soon, after 24 years passed by and Mr. and Mrs. Mansfield were 83 years-old, the town had gotten its very first big break. They had started this thing called the "family rule wall" and it was able to be viewed by anybody in the community due to being built right on the street you enter into Burnsley from. Everybody loved this because it was easy to follow and evidently, this caused more people to pile into the small town.

After 3 years passed by and the population count had increased to over 4,000 people, the Mansfield family took it into their own hands to improve the town and make it bigger, which was the cause of the late Carlisle Mansfield's death.

While the family was working on the wall barrier that would indicate where the town's end would be, Mr. Mansfield went into cardiac arrest. Sadly, no one had been around to help the old man, and he died within minutes. The town changed after that. Not a big change. Just the fact they decided to prolong the creation of the bigger town, and went into silence instead.

Seven years later, Mrs. Mansfield died in the hospital of a brain tumor, and that left all seven kids to care for the town now. Soon, the town will be changed forever.

Skipping years into the future, in 1984, the town was still owned by the very same family - only this time, it was being cared for by kids of kids of kids of kids. Generations had gone by by this time, and the same routine still remained. A new rule was placed onto the rule board every five years.

The town had now taken up the opportunity to have three leaders, which were Mr. and Mrs. Bentley, and their son Emmet.

What caused the big change to the beautiful, well kept town of Burnsley was Emmet getting involved with a family known as the D'Freitess family. He got involved in drinking and drugs, and that had been the epic move that ruined not only the legacy and family reputation, but it also ruined the entire town's reputation. This act caused the leaving of 2,300 people.

The next 15 years that passed, which brings us to the year of 1999, had been really rough on the Bentley family. Having disowned their own son and banished him from the town, that wasn't even enough to save the community. Everyone was done by this point.

In 2006, the town was bought by the Howe family, who still owns it to this day. What caused the town's second big break was one rule that changed everything.

At this time, homeless in the town was up by 27 percent, meaning a lot of the town was homeless.

The Howe family introduced the very first new rule ever since 1987, which had been that no homeless were allowed to stay in Burnsley. Every homeless man/woman was dragged out of the town unwillingly, all because of a stupid rule.

Two years later in 2008, they introduced a new rule. This one banned all drug addicts, alcoholics and poor families. Basically, even if you could possibly afford to live here, and you had just 1,000 dollars, you'd be kicked out. To keep track of all this, they did a town check every week, turning houses upside down to make sure they hadn't held any drugs or alcohol. They also did drug and alcohol tests every week.

The drug and alcohol rule may have been acceptable, but throwing out homeless people and poor people was absolute ludacris.

Anyway, that's the story of the town. The rules seem to be getting more intense. But I planned on changing all of it.

I DEDICATE THE SONG "BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME" BY CELINE DION TO ALL OF YOU BECAUSE IT TRULY SHOWS HOW I LITERALLY FEEL ABOUT YOU GUYS! PLEASE LISTEN!