Floor Plans, Hello's & Inspecting - Chapter 59

Zayn's P.O.V.
( July 21st )

I was currently sipping on some coffee while writing out some floor plans. I wasn't entirely taken with the idea I was creating in my mind, but it was this or nothing. Either way, I had a couple of weeks to figure it all out. If I didn't like something, I could always change it. But the first thing I needed to do was to visit the property in which I would be building on in the first place. That was the plan for the day. Visit the area, check it out a bit, and then fully decide what I wanted to be done.

I received a knock on the door, and I went to open it, revealing a tall, brown haired guy. "Hi! Um, my name's Shawn. I was told I would be helping you with a house?" He was a very happy character, the smile never leaving his face.

"Nice too meet you. I'm Zayn Malik." He nodded and shook my hand.

"Well, I was also told that I would be showing you the property..." He chuckled.

"Okay. Just give me a minute." I closed the door and grabbed my jacket, car keys, and laptop, as well as my suitcase after stuffing my papers inside. "I'm ready." He nodded and we went into the elevator, pressing the button to the first floor. It was quiet in there, in a business kind of way. The silence when no one needs to speak. The best kind, in my opinion.

When out of the elevator, we left the hotel, walking out into the cold air, also known as the parking lot. "Follow behind me." He got into his car, which was, honestly, one of the oldest cars in history. It looked like it wouldn't even start, but it did.

Starting up the engine, I pulled on my seat belt and blinked the blinkers to tell him I was ready. He started to drive, and not too much later, we were on the road, me following him.

--------

I stopped the car on a sort of slope, up a hill on a dirt road. In front of me was a broken down house, looked to be two-stories high. It was an old baby blue color, most of it chipped off. There was no grass anywhere, all dirt, and concrete was randomly showing in certain spots. Half of the house's roof was missing, and pieces of it were scattered around the ground. Forest trees lined the area.

I wondered why a family like the Prescott's wanted to live in a place like this. It was literally the slums without neighbors.

"This is what we're working on?" I asked in utter disbelief. Shawn stood beside me, and he nodded.

"Yep, this is it. Scary, huh?" He was so serious with that statement that I didn't know exactly how to take it.

"Not really. Just a bit odd, is all." I walked forward and inspected the area a little more. Little rocks scattered the ground, like little pebbles. I hummed to myself. "I think we can do it. Let's go over some floor plans."

A/N
It's a little short, I know, but next week will be a much longer chapter. I've plotted everything down and man, are you guys in for a show!! It's going to be so much fun!! ❤

Vote and comment my loves, share the joy you see in this story. ❤ 😉😝😛

YU GUYS RAWWK!