Chapter 33, Dreams Are Deadly

Happy updating!! (not really this chapter is sad lol) 

TW:  Small Amount Of Body shaming.

 (Not toward any of the main characters!) but it does need a warning.

PLEASE don't forget to vote and comment, it takes two seconds and it helps me get my work out into the world!! I'm grateful for every one of you, have a good rest of the week and enjoy!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

HARRY POV

After the whole ordeal at the warehouse, I'm dead tired. Once I'm finally home safe and parked in my driveway, I turn to Louis. "Wanna eat out here? The guys don't know we've brought food, and I thought it might be good to eat without hearing ten other men fight over food." I watch Louis smile, already reaching his hand into the bag in his lap as he says "Is this your idea of trying to woo me, Styles?" I snort to cover up my embarrassment, because, yes, I might just want to spend time with him, and yes, I was hoping to "Woo" him. He doesn't need to know that, though. "No, I just thought you'd like to eat your food without Niall or Mikey asking you if they can have some of your nuggets. Suit yourself, I'll eat in my room." I reach for the door, only half joking about leaving, but I smirk when I hear the lock of the car's door click. I look over at where Louis is sitting, seeing a glare aimed at me, but I know there's no heat behind it. It makes me laugh, and I turn back around in my seat and get comfortable facing him as I grab some food for myself. Other than the chewing sounds or the sound of ice in a cup, it's quiet until a soft raspy voice speaks up. "I never said it wouldn't work, you know." Confused, I make eye contact, silently willing him to elaborate. When he sees my expression, he finally does, "Wooing me. This is the closest I've had to a date since I went to the movies with a girl from my Nan's church when I was fourteen. I can say, this would be the best date out of the two. I found out two things that day, one, Harry Potter is extremely hard to follow if you've never seen all of them, and two, I do not like girls." There's humor laced in his voice, and I chuckle but it quickly fades when I realize what was said.

"You haven't been on a date since you were fourteen?" I can't help but ask, I've seen how he practically attracts entire crowds, I find it hard to believe that he hasn't had at least one real date since he got free. He shakes his head though, chewing a bite of food and swallowing before he speaks up again. "I almost went on a date with this guy from my school, but he backed out at the last minute. Classic closet case he was, we were both on the footie team, but I was out. He texted me while I was getting dressed to meet him and said that he wasn't ready. I don't blame him though, coming out isn't easy. Anyways, it's hard to casually date someone after... well, you know. I never even thought about actually dating someone, it's not for me." His answer brings so many questions, but I don't ask any of them, mind too focused on the last part. Does that mean he doesn't want anything? I can't imagine myself going 'steady' with anyone, but I can't say I haven't thought about it once or twice in the last few days. I realize I haven't given a response, so I nod, and confess what the guys are always teasing me about. "The last date I had was almost three years ago. My dad said that one of his 'Business Associates' had a daughter who was head over heels in love with me, and he practically forced me to meet her. Her name was Camille, but the boys called her Camel behind her back. She was nice for a while, but when I told her I didn't want anything more from her than sex, she went berserk. Threw a tantrum and then left, skipped on back to New York or something. Before that, there wasn't really anything serious. Always no-strings attached and ended quickly." I take another bite from my burger, looking out the window at the house as I chew.