𝐼𝐼𝐼

Chapter 3: Private Dancer

February 11th
1:18 pm

F̶A̶M̶U̶ C̶A̶M̶P̶U̶S̶

A̸M̸E̸R̸I̸E̸

STARING ahead blankly with my eyes feeling as though two weights were dragging them down, my head repeatedly nodded off having to sit in the dark classroom being illuminated by the projector. The voice of the professor, mixed into the lack of sleep I had managed to get after a surprise late shift, was the exact recipe for exhaustion. Though I tried my best to jot down as many notes as possible because I did have a huge exam coming up.

"There are two main types of aggression we are going to look at today, those falling under the categories of reactive aggression and proactive aggression." My professor, Dr. Ingram, spoke just before changing the slide which held two categories.

"Reactive aggression is explosive and responsive in the moment, the individual may undergo loss of control and will likely regret their behaviors later. When dealing with an individual suffering from mental illnesses, this is very commonly seen through their behaviors. Although in someone who may be schizophrenic or has an anger driven disorder, something known as proactive aggression may be seen commonly..."

Running my hand through my hair, I reached for my bottle of water in attempts to wake myself up, only to feel flesh rather than the plastic from the bottle. Quickly shooting my head up, I glanced to the side making eye contact with an individual who I'd never seen before. Not that I cared much to see anyone considering the entire back row was occupied by me only, giving me nothing but space and opportunity to do as I've been feening to do with that being sleep.

"Why are you in the way of my bottle?" I spoke dryly, tuning my professor out completely to keep my eyes fixed on the man that stood in front of me.

At first glance, he appeared to stand at no taller than 6 feet. His skin was dark yet nice, contributing well to the obvious effort he'd put into the outfit he chose to wear. Making me briefly glance down at my own seeing how the clear effort put in didn't line up with one another at all. Clearing my throat, I quickly shook my head before looking up to see him getting himself situated in the seat next to me, still with no words exchanged.

"...Well okay." I muttered, reaching for my bottle again only for my wrist to be grasped this time by his hand. Whipping my head in his direction, I went to speak until he held a hand up stopping me before I could continue.

"Chill out alright, some shit bout to go down so you got to go. Ion know you and I would much rather not be saving your ass, just as much as you don't know me and you probably don't believe shit I'm saying. But I'm cool with Harmony, they plane landed not to long ago and I was told to make sure you evacuated this building before sum pop off." He whispered, occasionally glancing up and around to make sure nobody was watching or listening.