𝑋𝐿𝑉𝐼𝐼

Chapter 47: Explicit truths

December 11th
11:16 pm

L̶U̶S̶A̶K̶A̶,̶ Z̶A̶M̶B̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

Music filled the walls of the packed club, bodies lining every inch of the walls as a crowd formed for who they deemed as a name who would surely go down in history. Maybe not actual history books, but anyone with just the slightest connection to the world he prided himself on knew him, knew of him. Not just as the son of Elijah Acius, but through the name he made for himself. King taking on both a figurative and literal meaning.

KING
/kiNG/

noun
noun: king; plural noun: kings
1. the male ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth.

- a person or thing regarded as the finest or most important in its sphere or group.

His eyes scoped out everyone, keeping a gaze on each body that filled his space. Security didn't make him invincible, and in a foreign country, only a greater target stamped to his back.

"That nigga here tonight or nah?" Isaiah's voice sounded, snapping Syre from his focused eyes around the club. Raising the rim of his drink to his lips, he took a slow sip of the Long Island iced tea to settle his thoughts.

"Nah" He answered after a while of keeping silent, "his bitch is, over by the bar." He subtly pointed in the direction of the fair skinned lady whose eyes were already fixated on him. Nothing but familiar lust.

"Ain't you used to hit that?" Leon's eyebrow raised, his voice speaking loud enough for Amerie to hear, but she ignored it. Her focus was more on the eyes she could feel burning a hole into her skin from across the room.

"Relax" Syre's raspy voice whispered into her ear, sensing the tension that her body underwent from the shameless eyes that bored into her. She felt not only annoyed, but trapped having to see individuals she seemed to be doing a real good job in avoiding for going on 2 years now.

"Why are these bitches even here? What was the point in bringing them along?" She glanced up towards her boyfriend who allowed the smoke in his lungs to roll around his mouth before exhaling off to the side, steering clear of her face. "All you do is smoke."

"Natural sedation, I'd take this over a crazy ass nigga any day." He mumbled, making her eyes roll at the fact he had a point. "But, Ian just bring them along, a good amount of them other ones here too. Just expansion of business, that's it that's all. They on the other side of the house like last time, ain't no interactions or nun necessary." He reassured her, but it didn't do much to ease the annoyance that spread along her face.