𝑋𝐿𝑉

Chapter 45: Drunken confessions

December 1st
11:23 am

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶, C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

"Syre I'm not sure where the hell you're at, or what the hell you're doing, but you better hope you're dead with the way- please don't be dead, just call me back." Amerie sighed, being met with that same reoccurring answering machine that plagued her ears for going on two hours now.

"Still nothing?" Kimora sighed tiredly, watching her best friend lower her head down in her hands frustratedly. She didn't need a response from Amerie to know the answer to her question though. "Check his location or something mama, it's not shared?"

Shaking her head no, she sat down on the bed next to her best friend, starting to feel defeated. "When he got out, he got a new phone and we haven't thought to go back to sharing our location."

It'd been like this as of lately, since Thanksgiving to be exact. She wasn't sure what happened or what created the switch, but he started acting distant as the days went on. Which confused Amerie, and forced her mind into overdrive because she didn't understand. She wasn't sure if she'd done anything, but he was barely even at the house.

Even if she did do something to him, she always knew Syre to communicate with her in a manner of maturity. However she knew it wasn't her, because when he did choose to come in the house at the late hours of the morning, or text her back whenever he pleased, he acted as if everything was normal. As if he wasn't leaving his girlfriend high and dry constantly.

"I called Isaiah and he said he seen him on the corner doing drops yesterday, which he said was unusual because King supposedly doesn't do those. He said he most commonly has the corner boys coming and collecting to go out and sell themselves." Samariah's voice filled the room as she walked back in from speaking to both Isaiah and Leon.

"And Kayden's father?"

"He said he asked him why he was on the corner, and he claimed he had to take his mind off some shit. According to Leon though, he said he smelled strong alcohol and shit on his breath and his eyes looked real hazy and red. So he took him to his house where he crashed, but I don't believe they seen him since cause Leon said he was gone by the morning." She shrugged, plopping down on the little chair in the corner of the room.

Amerie's finger twirled around the stray string of the boxers she wore that belonged to none other than the only individual she wanted to be around in that moment. The feel of his belongings pressed against her body was enough to partially calm the panic her mind was trying to merge her into. All of those thoughts ranging from him being gone both mentally, or to her dismay, physically.

"I don't have the time, energy, or patience, to deal with this bullshit right now." She mumbled with her leg bouncing rapidly, her hand reaching over to grab her phone again.