𝑋𝑋𝑋𝐼𝐼

Chapter 32: Domino effect

June 14th
10:22 am

S̶O̶F̶I̶ S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶

A̸M̸E̸R̸I̸E̸

"Amerie Idylla" Curving my lips up into the best smile I could right now, I stepped onto the stage at the mention of my name. The screams and cheers from everyone in the stadium were loud, the loudest being from those I considered my friends and family. Although none of them were loud enough to replace the fact that one specific voice wasn't heard over all of them.

"Congratulations love." I shook everyone's hand necessary, going down the line until reaching the headmaster who held my bachelor's degree.

"Thank you so much." I smiled, accepting the degree from him to finally hold. For a second, all thoughts on how the moment had been going so far, quickly left from my head at the feeling of the physical accomplishment from these last 4 years. The most difficult, depressive, and confusing years I've endured.

My eyes trailed up towards the section everyone there for me sat as we posed for a picture, my smile widening into one that was genuine seeing the looks on their faces. Even those who I wasn't so close with, such as Syre's friends and even some of the girls who acted nice when I met them.

"Congratulations!" I heard with the more I walked, making sure to send a small smile to everyone until making it back to my seat where my face quickly reverted.

Everyone else looked happy and in the moment, while my mind zoned out to run through many other thoughts. Those having to do with the past alongside the present.

Congratulations!

This letter is written out to Ms. Amerie Idylla for your acceptance into Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. It is with great pleasure that I inform you of your acceptance, this opportunity being given due to your outstanding personal and scholastic achievements.

We look forward to seeing you on campus this upcoming fall for the academic year. Best wishes!

"Oh my God...oh my God!" I gasped, quickly jumping up speechless. I could feel the water welling in my eyes, reading over the only acceptance letter out of the 5 schools I was able to apply to.

My grades weren't good, I didn't do anything but school and work which barely did anything. It wasn't easy trying to maintain a life suitable for any college, when my life revolved around nothing but being subjected and controlled by a relationship that would kill me eventually.