𝑋𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑉

Chapter 34: Ten toes

June 15th
9:23 am

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶,̶ C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

2 weeks prior...

"Can I talk to you about something?" Looking up from his focus being glued down at his phone, Syre eyed Amerie's stand-offish body language suspiciously. And with the red glossiness from her eyes, it was obvious she'd been crying.

"What's wrong?" Blowing a breath out, she only shook her head while further walking into his room. He didn't give her an invite, but she just needed to be around him, under him, in his presence.

Regardless of anything going on, she felt so different when it came to Syre. Not even just primarily when it came to a romantic standpoint, but generally. Although, actually confessing her feelings and giving in to all he'd been trying for for months did heighten everything she knew she felt when it came to him.

"Can I cuddle with you, or are you going to shoot me for being too close?" She tilted her head slightly as soon as her body stood in front of his.

"Nigga what the fuck is you-." Clearing his throat seeing her eyebrows raise to emphasize his hostility, he took a deep breath to try again. Making sure to move his gun from his lap this time. "Why would I shoot you for touching me when I'm on yo ass daily Amerie?"

"Okay don't do too much, but can you just...hold me please?" The hesitation in her voice was as clear as day, matching her body language from how slowly she walked over in his direction.

Because in reality, she was nervous. Such a small gesture as willingly requesting to feel his arms around her, scared her. It wasn't the action, but it was the overall principle of affection between the two. Something that she'd been trying really hard to get used to and accept by finally breaking down that wall she kept up for so long.

"Wow you asking me to touch you, hell must done froze over." Syre raised an eyebrow, his eyes glued on Amerie as he locked his phone to toss behind him.

"You know what-."

"Bring yo baby ass over here and stop whining." He cut her off, pulling her body into his so she stood between his legs. Scooting back a little bit, he brung her body with his, pushing until his back hit against the headboard and she sat on his lap sideways.

She couldn't help her body from curling up into his with her head rested along his shoulder gently. Her arms wrapped around his neck where she buried her head, inhaling the scent of his cologne that she'd grown to crave every single time she was in his presence. It made her stomach flutter, that alongside nearly everything else he did. But she would never admit it to him, she would much rather admire and bask in her own thoughts.