𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰

Chapter 73: Mama Merie

July 14th
10:13 am

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶, C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

A̸M̸E̸R̸I̸E̸

"Hi pretty girl, good morning." I smiled down at Malani who laid in her bassinet wide awake. Her big eyes slowly blinked over in my direction, the fit of crying she'd done when she woke up coming down to soft whines once I set her bassinet to rock her body gently. "All that crying, this pretty face is so red." I mumbled, picking her body up gently to hold close against mine, intaking the lingering newborn scent her body still had.

She fit in my hold perfectly, that small size she had since coming out still overtaking her body. As the days went on, everything developed more and more with her as expected. Her features began to even out, as did her skin tone that was merging to be more of a darker brown shade, nearly mine.

"You're gonna come make breakfast with me my little lovebug." I kissed her temple gently, before grabbing the small purple blanket that dangled lazily along the edge of the bed to wrap around her body.

The quiet house only held the two of us, with the only sounds being those of the soft white noise that helped her fall asleep. Everything was so neat and organized, nothing necessarily fell out of place which was thanks to both Syre, and the women who worked day in and day out around the house to just keep everything tidy which I also thanked Syre for.

It wasn't easy at all, the first week of things coming so quick and being so difficult to adapt to as is. It made my appreciation for women who had to do this stuff alone grow even greater, and my appreciation for the families who still had to work and continue life with barely a break once having a new baby. Everything was a learning process and different with her.

We rounded the corner to enter the living room, sitting down in the chair Syre bought me specifically to nurse her. I grabbed my phone to flip from app to app just to kill time until eventually choosing to get on instagram. That was the one app I barely got on, it was just annoying and full of fake lives.

-

fuckyopictures