𝑋𝐼𝐼𝐼

Chapter 13: Red Room

March 19th
11:23 pm

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶,̶ C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

S̸Y̸R̸E̸

"You look pretty" I complimented Amerie, my eyes glued on her as she carefully stepped down into my car. Glancing over at me, she smiled small while moving a piece of stray hair from out of her face.

"Thank you, I never been to a gala or anything like that so I didn't have a clue what to wear. Bella picked this out when I went to the mall with her and Harmony." She sighed, pulling her seatbelt over her body, just as I sped out from the parking lot of her building.

Nodding, I only focused my attention on the road while allowing Amerie to play with the radio. On most occasions I would tell her to stop, but I was too deep in thought to care about that right now. My main focus was on what was about to happen tonight, along with what could happen tonight.

The gala was held for two main reasons. The first was in order to expand connects in order to better my organization. With invites being given to those all over the world who I deemed as powerful, those being people I already am in business with and some being people I haven't yet been able to make deals with, it was good networking.

But the second reason was because with the gala bringing out so many different cartels and organizations, it also brought out those who had secret animosity with either me or my father. I had my men set up all over the place, allowing eyes to be on every inch of the large ballroom in order to see anyone who looked to be plotting something. Many liked to act when clumped around others in an attempt to hide their hand, but that never worked here and never would. Hunting and torturing was more fun, but quick take outs benefited my safety and others, and at the end of the day that was most important.

"Does this thing happen every year?" Amerie asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. Glancing over at her, I furrowed my eyebrows seeing her digging through the glove compartment.

"The hell is you looking for, get out my shit." I slapped her hand, causing her to frown and immediately rub the spot.

"You literally told me you always have blunts in there and to help myself like 2 weeks ago-."

"Yeah, 2 weeks ago it was help yourself. Now it's get out my shit...but grab me one, now that you bring it up." I mumbled, merging onto the dark highway that surprisingly didn't have many cars on it right now. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her rolling her eyes, but she'll be fine.

"Can you answer my question please? Is this gala held every year?" She asked, holding the blunt out to me along with a pink lighter that I assumed is hers.