𝑋𝐼

Chapter 11: Lick back

March 12th
1:32 am

U̶N̶K̶N̶O̶W̶N̶ L̶O̶C̶A̶T̶I̶O̶N̶

A̸M̸E̸R̸I̸E̸

Holding onto a sleeping Keoni tightly, my head stayed towards the ground while I cried to myself as quiet as possible. The baby was bringing me a lot of comfort right now, his small innocent body making me feel a little better, but it didn't stop the tears.

Nothing but Syre choking on his blood and laying in a pool of it, replayed in my mind. It was just too much happening in so little bit of time, and I only prayed he would be fine. I didn't think I would be able to live with myself if anything happened to him, because I was the only one down there with him at the time.

"He wasn't too much trouble, was he?" Looking up from my focus being elsewhere, I seen Isabelle walking in alongside Harmony. Neither of them looked to be a mess like I was, but I assumed it was because they're used to these types of things happening. But this was all new to me, and I didn't know how to deal with it well.

"He was fine." I mumbled, referring to Keoni who snuggled his body more into mine. Sniffling, I looked around the area we were in.

This wasn't even a real hospital, it seemed like some type of trap hospital with the way they had everything like a real hospital but underground workers. The outside looking like an abandoned building, and it seemed like we were in the middle of nowhere.

After Syre made me call his parents, I called Leon since that was the first contact I seen. From there, Leon picked us both up with Isaiah and Corbin in the car with him. We all drove here, except when we got close, they made me blindfold myself so I wouldn't know where I was. There were no windows that were open, most of them being boarded up with the others painted. Bodyguards stood by the doors for if I tried to walk out and potentially see the area we were in. And no matter how many questions I had, I chose to mind my damn business.

"This mean ass little boy still don't like me, how y'all already besties?" Harmony fake pouted, and I only smiled, giving him a small kiss on his temple.

I didn't like kids like that, but this little one stole my heart the moment I seen him. Every single time I'm with Syre, I try to get him to pick him up or something so I can see him. He was just so sweet and precious, such an adorable little person.

"He makes me happy." I smiled weakly, but it was quickly washed away once my eyes landed on my shoes that still had his blood on them. Bouncing my leg rapidly, I nibbled on my bottom lip in an attempt to refrain from crying, but it wasn't easy. I never had to sit in the middle of a sidewalk holding someone's limp head in my lap, just praying they wouldn't die in my arms because at this rate, I was sure he was gone.