𝑳𝑿𝑰

Chapter 61: Selfish pt. 2

April 20th
3:32 am

C̶O̶M̶P̶T̶O̶N̶,̶ C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

His hand grasped hers tightly, keeping a steady rhythm towards the entryway of the large building that sat in front of them. The extended surrounding trees, and other works of nature, kept the building looking to be somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

She tried to keep a blank face, one identical to his usual expression if he wasn't displaying any type of anger. Despite begging, she was starting to feel that sense of nervousness he knew she would eventually get, with the closer they got to the building. She was slowly but surely realizing that when she came with Isaiah it was a very quick one and done thing, and he steered her away from most of what was going on in the warehouse. With Syre, however, she was on the arm of the leader and couldn't just blend in with anyone. His words stuck with her.

"Wassup King" One of the two security guards outside greeted, while the other extended his hand to dap Syre.

"Wassup" He muttered, watching as their eyes slowly trailed to Amerie who stood extremely close to him. "They cool mama." He glanced back at her, able to read her under the expression she put up front.

"This your lady?" One of the men nudged his chin in the direction of Amerie.

Nodding his head, Syre tightened his grip on her hand a little more, adjusting their hands to intertwine fingers instead. "Yeah, Amara." He introduced, being mindful of keeping her government name to himself.

Amerie almost furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, until realizing what he was doing by another squeeze to her hand. Although her face wasn't covered, if anything ever was to happen with his business and it came to a point people chose to snitch to whoever, he didn't need her name being mentioned. The cameras were only accessible to him and Corbin, meaning everything would have to be word of mouth and he refused to get her caught up in his lifestyle.

"Nice to meet you Amara."

"Wassup Amara"

The two men voiced their individual variations of a greeting, prompting Amerie to give them a shy wave in response. Pulling his bottom lip between his teeth, Syre entered the code on the outside of the building, watching the two doors slowly pulling open to reveal another box-like area.

He didn't say anything once walking forward with his hand still gripping Amerie's tightly. Her eyes roamed free, admiring the doors that waited until her body was fully in behind his to slam shut behind the two. The loudness of the collision unconsciously made her body jump, her head whipping around to see they were secluded within the 4 gray walls that made up the rectangular shape of the scarce area.