𝑳𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰

Chapter 67: Tying strings

June 28th
1:17 pm

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶, C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

He looked over everyone, surveyed the body language of each individual person from his stance along the balcony up above. It was rare for him to make his presence known at any warehouse to begin with, he didn't have the desire of asserting his control anymore the way he did when he was younger. Anyone who graced the walls of the large building knew who he was, and he knew everyone.

He'd never understand the method of working without knowledge of the hands contributing to your business. In his eyes, it was a rookie mistake too many people made, and he learned best from his father who had many stories that shifted Syre's way of going about things. Although you could never truly know an individual internally, a name to a face at the bare minimum was necessary. He treated his business like a genuine job. Background checks, legal identifications, past experience, everything to ensure nobody under him could ruin him or his brand.

"Boss man showing up and making an appearance, what's the occasion?" At the sound of the voice, he kept his focus down until she stood directly next to him. Her hands grasped the railing as his did, body leant over to look in the direction he was.

She watched the same men he did, paying close attention to the way everything ran under his control without as much of a word out of him. It was something she admired, as did everyone else silently.

"What's wrong?" She spoke again after realizing he wasn't going to. Her eyes burned into his side profile, watching the tightness in his jaw that accompanied the vein that ran along the side of his tattooed neck. The blueish color prominent despite the black ink it sat under.

His lips enclosed around the earth color of the blunt that sat between them, inhaling slowly to allow the drugs to roll down his lungs. His eyes naturally fluttered closed at the peaceful sensation of the smoke burning at his lungs, before his lips parted to release into the air the results of one of his newer products. The flavored grabba pleasing him.

He remained silent for a moment, trying to get his thoughts to where he could allow everything out that he needed, in a manner he'd get answers from. "What's Aaron's plan?" He spoke up after a while of keeping her on her toes, the raspiness of his quiet voice immediately catching her attention.

Simone's mouth parted to speak, but his continued words stopped her before she could bring herself to say anything. "What exactly does that nigga genuinely want outta me, and don't say my shorty cause it's more than that. What's the back story behind all this shit?"

'All this shit' meaning him coming back as a whole. Although there hadn't been much from him, aside from the constant taunting and the little stunt he tried to pull with Amerie the month prior, Syre knew he hadn't seen the overall thing yet. He hadn't yet seen the main point Aaron was trying to make.