𝑳𝑰𝑽

Chapter 54: Baby & I

January 20th
10:10 pm

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶, C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

A̸M̸E̸R̸I̸E̸

"If y'all don't want early bathtime and bedtime, then I need y'all to relax. There is 4 of you and how many Merie's are there?" I raised an eyebrow, looking between the babies and toddlers who stared up at me from the ground.

"1 Merie." Maya raised one finger, prompting me to nod my head slowly, waiting for the rest of them to do the same.

The "all of them" in question included Kaylen, Keoni, and Milan, who'd been here for going on an hour now while their parents went out for someone's birthday. I opted to babysit, because I had no desire being in a loud club full of people smoking and drinking, when I couldn't do either right now. That, and the fact that every other minute I was throwing up or just feeling sick, and I'd rather not be around a certain person that I knew would be there.

"Exactly, so calm down. Y'all ate candy or something?" I furrowed my eyebrows, watching them all look to each other before laughing. I watched Keoni grab his little backpack to zip open, revealing some huge stash of candy he had stored in there. "Boy what the hell?!" I snatched it from his hold, fishing through to see if there was anything good.

"Sy give us lot of candy, say don't tell mama and daddy." Maya giggled, pulling a couple wrappers out of her pocket.

"Mhmm, well go ahead and keep playing." I shooed them away, keeping the bag next to me because he always gave them the good shit. He might've been a questionable person, but he was definitely the favorite uncle amongst all the kids.

I eyed all of them as they scurried off, but I quickly grabbed Keoni before he could get too far. I immediately pulled him into my lap despite his squirming and whining because he knew what was coming.

"I cannot believe my precious baby is about to be 5, who told you to get so big on me?" I poked my bottom lip out while cradling him.

Every single time I thought back to when we met, I nearly cried from how much has happened in the time frame of him being 2 to 5. Not just in terms of his growth, but so many changes in my life both positive and negative.

"I big boy" He whined, trying to squirm out of my hold, but I only tightened my grip on him, attacking his face in kisses until he started laughing. His light brown skin pigmented red until I finally pulled back, giving him one last kiss along his nose.

"You are a big boy, but that means you have to look out for your little brother and your little cousins when you all get older." I raked my fingers through his soft curls, thinking on my own words.