𝑳𝑰

Chapter 51: Redemption

January 6th
10:26 am

    B̶E̶V̶E̶R̶L̶Y̶ H̶I̶L̶L̶S̶,̶ C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

S̸Y̸R̸E̸  

"You been sitting here going from being mad at the world to looking like you lost your best friend, what's wrong with you?" My father's voice filled the room, but my head stayed down towards the marble flooring that decorated his office space.

"...You remember that girl I used to mess with, Cheyanna?" I mumbled, the silence from him saying his answer before he could. "A lil while before Amerie, you and momma never formally met her but y'all seen her around." I raised my head, watching his lips twist to the side in a thinking manner.

"Describe her"

"She like brownskin...maybe dark skin-."

"You got a thing for that huh." He smirked, placing the cigar he held between his lips. Lowering my eyes, they shifted between his and the smoke he exhaled out through his mouth and nostrils.

"Nigga you do too, my momma basically dark skin." I sat up, watching him raise his hands in surrender.

He was the one who taught me to love and appreciate all body types, skin colors, and possible imperfections. It was real easy to get wrapped up in most ignorant mindsets about the physical appearance of women being judged by niggas my age. I ain't have the most respect all the time and that's something I knew and could admit to, but I never once discriminated or counted anyone out. If you attractive, you attractive.

"I know," He sat up, rolling his chair a little closer, "The darker the berry sweeter the-."

"Aight, relax." I stopped him, my stomach turning watching the smirk on his face. "You be tryna make my momma look like a heathen and ion like that."

Him and my mommas relationship never made sense to me. She was the sweetest person I knew...then there was her husband. It wasn't any secret she wasn't as innocent as she showed herself to be, especially not being so closely connected to the game since before meeting my father. Then having to have your husband and son both go through it only enhanced that involvement by association a lot more.

"Boy you don't got a clue bout yo momma, there's a couple reasons I married her." He chuckled, taking a another pull from the cigar. "But what's this bout this girl, cause ion know who you talking bout. You cheated on my daughter?" He raised an eyebrow, face hardening in seriousness he don't usually show to any of us.

I shook my head no immediately, watching the way his muscles slowly relaxed from their tenseness. "Nah, you got a grandson from me."

He paused for a second, just staring expressionless until both his eyebrows raised in surprise . "Yo ass been out 30 seconds, y'all don't waste no time. When Amerie due?" His lips gradually curved up in a wide smile with the more he spoke, the thought of him getting a grandchild from Amerie being the obvious cause of it.