𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑽

Chapter 75: I'll kill you

August 22nd
8:32 pm

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶, C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

Everything was a lie. Felt like it.

It wasn't the fact that he was the man to take the life of her parents, it contributed even with all they did to her, but that wasn't the underlying thing that affected the way she felt. She'd spent a week just keeping silent about all that she knew, trying her hardest to act normal which she believed she was doing well.

She hid away the physical evidence she had in the safe that tucked away in her closet; the metal box being one Syre knew was there, but never touched our of respect for her privacy. She couldn't stop herself from flipping through the thick stack of papers and images every time he left the house, not able to stop herself from forcing everything to engrave into her mind. And with the more she did, the more her feelings towards him altered into something she didn't recognize with him. Something so ugly and different.

It was all that came with everything revealed to her that felt like it was never ending in a span of a week. For 3 years she gave herself to a man she thought she knew front to back by now, gave him her most vulnerable pieces of herself, opened up about all that had to do with her past...and he still held onto what only he knew to be the truth. Selfishly.

Her unstable state of mind led her to think sporadically, feeling as if with every bit of information presented, she really was just apart of his game. Her entire family, that she'd had so many questions about growing up, every last individual gone by the gun he laid in her dresser drawer every night.

"I love you so much." She whispered down to the baby that laid sleeping in her arms. The medication from the doctors gave her a temporary fix that allowed her to see her baby as her own.

She brushed her hand along the soft curls of her daughter, just staring down at the product of the two rival families. Their blood joined together to create what looked like an Angel in her eyes, the most beautiful creation that she believed was made from love. But she didn't know now, didn't know what his intentions were because a man like him would do anything to get to where he needed to be.

She watched the baby stretch in her arms through her sleep, before getting back comfortable in her mothers embrace just as Syre entered the room fully dressed. His head buried in his phone as he texted away, not glancing up for a second towards his girlfriend or daughter who sat on the bed.

"I just hit Giovanni, them niggas gon be there. He said they confirmed RSVP, so yeah give 'em the okay to set the snipes up." He spoke to whoever he had on speaker, Amerie's eyes following him throughout the room as she gently rocked the baby.