𝑳𝑿𝑰𝑿

Chapter 69: New beginnings

July 6th
8:29 pm

M̶A̶U̶I̶,̶ H̶A̶W̶A̶I̶I̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

"Hate they ass so much, we dig 'em up and tell 'em, "Die again"" He rapped along to the music that played loudly through the speakers of the all black Porsche Carrera. The top down allowed for every open window of the surrounding cars to hear every word, the profanity ignorantly keeping him unfazed.

"You didn't even let me live out my 20s at all." Amerie pressed her hands along her belly where the baby adjusted the way she laid her body.

She wished she invested in her own little ultrasound device to see exactly what happened in there whenever she wanted. She enjoyed looking at her ultrasound pictures when she was bored, or whenever she felt movement which was still often, even with the baby nearly grown full term now.

Lowering the music a little, Syre glanced over in her direction before shooting his eyes down to her belly and back on the road. "You be fucking me like you want a football team of kids, you gon have to blame yourself for that one." He shrugged, just as he pulled the car into one of the parking spaces along the strip.

Amerie chose to just keep her mouth shut, her eyes glued to her boyfriend who dangled a blunt out of his mouth that he hovered his other hand over to light. The way he inhaled the smoke between his lips instantly brought a small chill down her spine, that heat that began to fill her body only increasing once his lips parted to release the smoke into the darkness of the night sky.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He winked, finally pulling the key out to step out the low car.

Rolling her eyes, Amerie reached down to grab her small Kate Spade tote bag just as Syre pulled her door open for her. His free hand extended out for her to hook onto, allowing her body to carefully stand from the car with his assistance.

"Thank you baby" She smiled, pressing a small kiss along the hand that held hers. He eyed her for a minute, until breaking his gaze down on her to stare out into the nightlife that surrounded them.

They weren't able to do as much as if she wasn't pregnant, but Amerie's intention wasn't a planned crazy trip right now. She just wanted a vacation for the both of them. Him because all he ever did was work which never served him any happiness, and she just wanted time to be able to clear her head and mentally prepare for where their life was about to go very soon.

"What you tryna do? You said you want to come out and explore." He grabbed her hand in his as he exhaled the smoke that filled his mouth to the side. He nodded in approval at how good it was, testing out pure marijuana from out there that he was debating on adding to his own business.