𝑳𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰

Chapter 72: The Idylla's 

Continued

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶, C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

His hand slammed the clip into the gun, the red Smith & Wesson he once carried tucked along his hip bone like second nature. The walk towards the secluded building remained silent between the two, Elias leading the way towards the unfamiliar area he never introduced to his son.

Syre's eyes trained on the hands of his father closely, picking up on the light tremble of anxiety from his presence being behind a door he hadn't faced in years. One he hadn't yet built the courage to enter in again, to see all of what sat behind it that revealed the truth behind everything.

"It's a lot of shit behind here, stuff I ain't touched in years." The raspiness of Elias' voice cut the silent tension between the two. His back remained facing his son, hand clasped along the now unlocked doorknob that with just the slightest turn, he'd be walking back into the life he left behind him 15 years ago when he officially departed from the position his son now held in the game.

"Open it." Syre instructed without hesitation. He couldn't care less about the obvious uncomfortableness of his father from being seconds away from revisiting his past, that sympathy he held before went out the window a while ago. Especially when he realized his father clearly lied to him with the bullshit story he came up with about Amerie's mother prior.

About a minute passed until the door knob finally clicked open, followed by the metal door flying open from the harshness of the night air. Syre's eyes traveled around the 4 walls of the secluded cabin-like space he never seen before, the curiosity in his gaze bouncing all along the room with the deeper he followed his father inside.

A mahogany desk sat in the middle of the room, papers and files messily spread all along the flat surface, but he could make out faces and backgrounds of pictures that sat along it. Each wall held pictures, maps, writing, documents, and the obvious aftermath of someone trying to fit pieces together to make out whatever it was the end motive was.

But what caught his eye the most, what made his stomach turn messily, was the image of Amerie. The blown up picture of his girlfriend, obviously in her teenage years, pinned along the wall right behind the desk. Her face bruised and battered as she lay along a dirty mattress fully clothed, however the blood stains in the mattress from what leaked from her face were heavily prominent. Syre's eyes immediately shot towards his father who already stared at him, not having to question his son as to what was possibly running through his head.

"I want to start out by saying, it was never my intention for you to meet this girl, fall in love with her, start a family with her...these lives were never supposed to intersect. All that history with this family was supposed to perish the second you eventually took Akeem's life after his parents-."