𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑋

Chapter 29: What's done in the dark...

June 1st
11:34 am

C̶O̶M̶P̶T̶O̶N̶,̶ C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

S̸Y̸R̸E̸

"Last night here on Onyx street, there was a fatal shooting that took place around 12 am, leading to the deaths of 31 year old Jamie Wright, and 17 year old Jordan Sullivan. Neighbors say they seen a black car speeding down the street before bullets rang out, the license plate being unidentified due to it being off. Officials have reason to believe the violence was gang related, after finding packaged drugs and weapons stored in the house. If you have any information about this tragic incident, please report to your nearest station. Blake?"

Chuckling to myself, I leant back in satisfaction watching the report of the "tragic incident."

"Sucks for those families." I held my drink up to cheers with myself, before taking a slow sip. My eyes scanned around the rundown interior of the empty house that had people running in and out.

Every time I came around here, all I thought about was the fact that I knew what I had to grow up with around here. Things were bad, but it only got worse as the years went on, a drug issue filling the streets of Compton. And I was aware I contributed through the fact I put a lot of these boys on the corners, but at the same time I also helped a lot of they mommas and families get by till they was able to do it.

Standing up, I adjusted the hat on my head before making my way outside. Ignoring these annoying ass kids running past me, I stepped out on the porch where the older niggas was playing dice with Corbin there too, while Isaiah talked to some random. Samariah gon kill that nigga one of these days.

"31 year old Jamie Wright and 17 year old Jordan Sullivan." I tapped him, snapping him out his conversation. Raising an eyebrow, he immediately nudged his head at the girl, nonverbally telling her to get away.

"Who they is and why I need to know them?" He asked, leaning his back up against the porch railing. Clearing my throat, I leant over the porch, the hand that held my beer dangling over the edge while my eyes scanned the busy street. Everyone was always outside around here, you didn't see that when you went to most of LA and these other parts of Cali.

"They died...from the drive by." I spoke in a low tone, glancing around to make sure nobody's focus was on us. Even if we stood a little ways away from everyone else.

"So you know who they are?" He looked over at me, and I only nodded, smiling to myself in satisfaction. With the more the voice of the news reporter reciting the names rang through my head, the more my body relaxed. Two unsent for targets allowing me to get more than what I bargained for.

"Jamie helped in killing Red and Aaron, last I checked he was in prison though, so I guess he just got out recently. The other boy is his nephew, one of them younger niggas who believe they running shit. Just waiting to get popped." I flicked my middle and index finger up together, mimicking the sign of a gun.