𝑳𝑽𝑰

Chapter 56: Valentine's Day - Eternity

February 14th
11:30 am

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶, C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

The smell of cooking pastries and savory breakfast filled the air of the two story home. Amerie's body twisted and turned in her bed, hearing slight commotion accompanying the light that peeked in through her closed eyes. She couldn't decipher if she was dreaming or not, considering she knew when she went to bed she was the only individual in the house, and she was accustomed to waking up that same way.

"Ms. Idylla." A soft voice called, but her eye shut turning body continued on trying to fall back to sleep. Thinking whatever voice she was hearing was coming from the dream she'd been having.

"Ms. Idylla, you're on schedule to be waking up now." That same voice called, but this time a light shake followed, making Amerie's body quickly shoot up from her sleep. She held her head out of instinct from the beating pulse it underwent from how fast her body got up. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you."

Freezing, Amerie slowly raised her head to look over at the unknown older lady who stood by her bed. She held a bouquet of white roses in one hand, with a rectangular box in the other. But before her presence could be questioned, she continued on speaking.

"I apologize for waking you up abruptly like this, Mr. Acius hired us for today. He said everything you need to be told is in this little box, and the flowers are also from him. Breakfast should be done in about 30 minutes, but you come down whenever you're ready." The Hispanic woman smiled, placing the items in her hand down on the little nightstand next to Amerie's bed.

"Wait!" She called out, stopping the woman before she could leave out of the room fully. "Are there only women in my house right now?" She raised an eyebrow, her face twisting up hearing the rasp in her voice.

"Yes, the only men are your usual security outdoors." The lady smiled, not even giving Amerie a second to respond once she sauntered out the bedroom door, making sure to gently close it behind her.

Meanwhile, Amerie sat in bed with pure confusion written on her face. She struggled to piece together if she was still dreaming, or if it was true that random people she didn't know occupied her house for some reason. At the hands of Syre who hadn't informed her of anything.

"Imma really fucking kill this nigga." She muttered to herself, finally placing her focus on the flowers and the little box that sat next to them.