𝑋𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑋

Chapter 39: Acquainted

October 15th
12:23 am

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶, C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

"Fuck!" He screamed, his bloodied fists pounding into the cement wall repeatedly. But he didn't see cement, nor did he hear the silence of the bare four walls which surrounded him.

Instead, his eyes stared into those of ones identical to his, a face that held every feature of his except with dark eyes. The mouth of it moved, never stopped regardless of the screaming and fighting he'd done throughout the entire room in an attempt to make the sounds go away. Those words of taunting that went straight to his head in order to confuse his mind, something that the individual in front of him never failed to do.

"All of this anger, doesn't change the way you're that same little boy. She won't be the one to save you, she can't." It chuckled, just as his fists went crashing into the cement wall again. The crack of his knuckles filled the space, something he didn't feel or hear. The adrenaline running through his veins too prevalent.

"Shut the fuck up!" He screamed, using his free hand to hit his head, needing it all to go away. Everything his gray eyes stared at, from who he deemed as a demon in front of him to the further image of his broken lover in the distance.

"You failed her...look at her." The same voice chuckled, forcing his gaze towards the white door that trapped him in the small space.

Except he didn't see the door, he seen a woman standing there who he knew well, identified upon first glance. Her long black hair that flowed down her caramel skin contoured along her face, giving a certain glow to her features that made him pause as his breath hitched in his throat. A feeling for her that he left for dead long ago came rushing back unexpectedly, caused a nauseating feeling to come over him before he hunched over to spill out his insides along the cold ground.

"You tried to convince yourself you were over her huh, the other girl will leave you eventually. Might as well go back to the one who really loves you." The body of the voice moved from the wall to crouch down and speak directly into his ear.

"I don't love her." He coughed, watching the blood drip from his hand into a pool next to the contents he spilled out.

"Why?"

"I love...Amerie." He breathed out, and in an instant everything he once seen disappeared, causing his body to collapse onto the ground as he shook. His mind replaying the episode his brain forced him into, something he couldn't remember the last time he had to experience. But through that, his last words replayed in his mind the loudest, a confession that he didn't know the accuracy of. But that didn't stop it from unconsciously slipping out.