𝑳𝑿𝑰𝑰

Chapter 62: Cake

May 5th
8:16 am

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶,̶ C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

A̸M̸E̸R̸I̸E̸

"Alright, 28 candles can't fit on these, so how about I put the 2 in mine and you put the 8 in yours okay?" I smiled over at Xyden who nodded his head excitedly, frosting all over his hands and face from the cupcakes we'd just finished decorating.

Shaking my head, I gave him the candle to put down into his cupcake, while I put my candle in mine. It wasn't the best idea letting a 4 year old free fall with decorating a cupcake, but it wasn't anything to get the messed cleaned up. I didn't like utilizing the cleaners Syre hired because we were grown enough to clean up after ourselves, but for times like these, they were useful.

"How old are you if daddy 28?" Xyden looked up at me as he slid off the chair he sat on.

"25 baby, he's about 2 and a half years older than me." I twisted my lips to the side, standing up with him. "He's still sleeping so we're gonna have to wake him up...fingers crossed his birthday makes him happy." I muttered, knowing how he got from having to be woken up, especially because he didn't sleep a lot.

He never talked about it, but I knew he constantly had nightmares due to all of his PTSD. His small naps never allowed him to dream much, and when they did, he turned to drinking as an attempt to get his mind off of whatever it is that he seen in the dreams. He never told me about them, obviously embarrassed, but his behavior said enough.

I allowed Xyden to skip in front of me up the stairs while I held the cupcakes. Cheyanna dropped him off the night prior, without extra shit with the exception of her usual attitude with me. Girl would have a heart attack let her had known this was my home the man she was in love with bought for me. I didn't want her having my address, but Syre told her it was just another property he owned until he got his actual house together, and she believed it easily.

"Alright, stay quiet." I whispered down to Xyden, who placed his finger to his lips.

Smiling, I watched him push the already cracked door open where Syre laid on his side of the bed. Looking up to me for confirmation, the toddler waited until I nodded, to go running up towards his father as fast as his small legs could take him. 

"Happy birthday daddy!" Xyden jumped on top of him excitedly, instantly waking Syre out the light sleep he was in. Out of instinct, he reached towards the nightstand until noticing who the body on top of him belonged to.

"Boy, yo ass nearly died." His raspy morning voice filled the room, just before Xyden's loud giggles replaced them. I watched him tickle him with a small smile on his face, not letting up until Xyden's small hand started hitting him. "Yeah, I was waiting for you to tap out." He chuckled, finally letting him go to place his attention on me.