𝑳𝑿

*There were so many issues publishing the last chapter, so I just advise y'all to double check you read it*

Chapter 60: Selfish pt. 1

April 19th
9:21 pm

L̶O̶S̶ A̶N̶G̶E̶L̶E̶S̶,̶ C̶A̶L̶I̶F̶O̶R̶N̶I̶A̶

A̸M̸E̸R̸I̸E̸

"Do you think the bump is obvious?" I looked up at Syre as we stood outside of the crowded restaurant.

He just stared at me silently for a second, until eventually reaching out to pull my body into his. I was about to repeat the question until he placed his hand along the little bump, a small smile spreading along his face at what I assumed was him feeling the baby kick against his palm.

Cute but...my question

"Nah, you just look bloated. Still beautiful though." He mumbled, taking step back to interlock my fingers with his.

I only nodded, since looking bloated was better than being able to see everything. It took very specific clothes and styling of the clothes to even cover the bump, since unlike others I seen when doing my research, mine was extremely defined. Which meant random looser clothes and jackets, but I wanted to look a little dressed up since this was my first time going anywhere that wasn't work or my doctors appointments in a while.

I latched onto Syre's hand tightly as he led the way inside Fleming's Prime, where everyone was meeting for Isaiah's birthday. His party would technically be at the club tomorrow night, but Samariah still wanted to have something a little intimate with just him and our group first. Something calm before everyone was all drunk and partying.

"Do you two have reservations?" The receptionist asked once we approached the desk of the dimly lit restaurant.

"Nah we meeting people here, it's either under Isaiah or Samariah." Syre spoke up, watching the lady go through the computer until nodding her head and stepping out to lead the way.

"Walk in front of me." Syre tapped my back gently, urging me to stay in front of him with our hands still connected. I didn't ask questions because I knew why. Cutting in front of him, I discreetly fixed his shirt a little bit from the handle of his gun peeking through ever so slightly. "Shit like that make you a wife." He whispered, making my cheeks heat up in a blush.

Now I was far from some trap queen or any type of Bonnie, but I knew a tiny bit of basic shit. Between him telling me certain stuff, learning things from Kimora who always been a hood princess from her dad and past boyfriends, and just common sense...it wasn't that difficult adapting to what he did more as the days went on.