𝑋𝑋𝑋𝑉𝐼

Chapter 36: Proof

July 4th
10:21 am

S̶Y̶R̶E̶'̶S̶ P̶E̶N̶T̶H̶O̶U̶S̶E̶

A̸M̸E̸R̸I̸E̸

My body swirled around in the bed, feeling a presence hovering over my body. I tried to block out the loud thoughts of what it could possibly be, but it was no use.

Get up

They're coming for you again

You aren't safe here

"Stop!" I screamed, shooting my body up as my chest rose and fell at a rapid pace. My eyes widened seeing the body on the side of my bed through the darkness from the blackout curtains that decorated every wall in my direct view.

"Relax mama, it's just me." Syre spoke softly, pulling away as soon as my eyes locked on his. Releasing a breath of relief, I laid my head back to try and steady my breathing again. "I ain't mean to scare you, my fault." He apologized, and I only nodded to eliminate the embarrassment of my voice most likely being shaky right now.

I hated this...all of it. There were years put into trying to overcome my PTSD and it all seemed to go down the drain now. I knew it wasn't as bad because I had Syre here, but waking up in cold sweats every morning was something I hated.

I wished I could go back to the night and just not make a big deal out of Syre missing the graduation, because I wouldn't had been anywhere but with him. I wished he felt comfortable enough to just talk to me, rather than having to go out and seek comfort through alcohol which lead us to where it did.

"I'm sorry" I sighed, running my hands along my face in frustration.

"You steady apologizing like you did sum, stop doing that shit." He cut the lamp on that sat on the side of the bed, and I would be lying had I said the way he stared at me wasn't intimidating, because it was. It seemed as if he was staring into my sound almost, so hard and focused.

"It's just a trauma response." I mumbled, peeling my eyes away from his because he was starting to make me nervous too.

"I know, and I'm telling you stop doing it. I know it's easier said than done, but you got to try right?" He raised an eyebrow, making me reluctantly nod because he was right. That didn't mean I wanted to acknowledge it though.

"Okay" I nodded, making him nod too before backing up from the bed a little bit, giving me a chance to take in his entire appearance and he was fully dressed. "Where are you going?"

"Come downstairs." Was all he said, giving me no chance to respond once he left out of the room without even looking back.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I stared at the closed door contemplating if I wanted to leave out or not. I'd been cooped up in this room for weeks, only getting up to use the bathroom or take a shower because I had no appetite to even think on eating. I still had to because Syre wouldn't allow me to breathe without nearly shoving food down my throat, but I could do without.