𝑋𝑋𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼

Chapter 37: Love language

July 4th
10:21 am

L̶A̶ P̶O̶L̶I̶C̶E̶ D̶E̶P̶A̶R̶T̶M̶E̶N̶T̶

S̸Y̸R̸E̸

"Acius I'm going to ask you one more time, where are the bodies of Elijah Amberston and Jaelyn Cruz? These are simple questions which require simple answer, those of which you've only been making more difficult on yourself." The female officer leant forward, keeping her face only less than an inch away from mine.

I eyed her for a minute until sitting up, eyes squinted low to unconsciously challenge her glare. That and the eyes of the officers who stood on the other side of the reflective glass that I couldn't see.

"Sweetheart, you can repeat yourself as many times as you please. I already told yo ass you ain't hearing shit from me without a lawyer present, and I know you ain't hard of hearing so stop wasting your time." I smiled genuinely, allowing her to see the diamonds that sparkled out my mouth.

"Syre-."

"And very bold of you to sit here and question me when just the tiniest slip up gon get your job right on out of here. I'm sure many been wondering how I got off the hook so easily time and time again." I winked, watching her pale cheeks turn a bright shade of red.

She stared at me with a look of fear in her eyes, and I ain't blame her. Personally, I too would be nervous if I was married with 3 kids and repeatedly kept on with an affair to a nigga that could ruin my life easily. Not even through spilling about the shit that happened.

"You're threatening me with information that will also get you in trouble in the end, don't play with fire." She grit in a low tone, that thick Spanish accent she attained filling her voice.

Leaning back in my seat, I simply shot her a small smile while tapping my rings along the metal table. Our eyes stayed locked on one another's, her tense body language saying a lot more than what she tried to give with her words alone.

"Where's my girl, cause I ain't bout to go back and forth with you. Especially not while my medication wearing off." I eyed her, watching her face twist up at the mention of 'my girl.'

But she didn't vocalize anything, her body roughly standing up to storm out of the room. And the second she pulled the door open, I could see the shape of Amerie's body standing right there ready to enter too. Her eyes following those of Christine the entire time, thickening the tension between everyone.

"Ma'am is there an issue?" She raised an eyebrow, making Christine turn on her heels to continue on down the hallway. And she was smart cause the second that door closed behind Amerie to leave us in the room alone, her mouth immediately started going.