𝑋𝑉𝐼𝑋

Chapter 19: Bestfriend

April 15th
3:14 pm

April 15th  3:14 pm

S̸Y̸R̸E̸

"Amerie Idylla" I tapped my fingertips along the receptionist desk, watching the girl at the front closely. She didn't say anything, simply nodding her head while typing some stuff into the system.

"You're her husband, correct?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I almost said hell nah until remembering I lied to these people the first day I came to see her. Clearing my throat, I nodded, the receptionist doing the same still typing stuff into the computer.

"Can you just confirm her age and date of birth for me please?" Taking a deep breath, I tried to refrain from rolling my eyes cause these niggas did not ask for all this the first day.

"She's 23, birthday November 8th 1998." Twisting her lips to the side, the receptionist typed in a couple more things until finally printing the visitors pass.

"5th floor, room-."

"I got it" I mumbled, grabbing the pass from her to go towards the stairs. I jogged up two at a time, barely realizing how anxious I was to get up there.

"Calm your happy ass the fuck down..." I mumbled to myself once finally reaching her floor. Ain't that damn excited to see her, even though I got the call this morning from Harmony that she woke up.

I ain't want to come in the morning with everyone there, even though Harmony said she was asking about me all morning. I would rather be able to have time with her alone, especially because I had to talk to her bout some shit that I ain't want other ears there for.

"Knock knock!" I called out, sending two knocks to the door before pushing it open. If she was in here naked, it wouldn't be nothing I haven't seen before.

"Oh sir please give us a second-."

"It's fine" Amerie cut in, her eyes squeezed shut in pain from her voice that caught me off guard. The doctor was just doing something to her stomach anyways, but her hospital gown was lifted showing the white thong she wore.

"Oh, this is your husband?" The nurse smiled, and I quickly widened my eyes at Amerie who seemed confused. Glancing at the nurse, I stepped out of view to hold my thumb up. Praying this slow ass girl caught on.

"N- uh yeah, my husband...going on 3 years now." She stared dead at me the entire time, her eyes low in a squint. She should be thanking me for that lie if anything.