𝑋𝐿𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼

Chapter 48: Caught up

December 14th
8:18 pm

L̶U̶S̶A̶K̶A̶,̶ Z̶A̶M̶B̶I̶A̶

O̸M̸N̸I̸S̸C̸I̸E̸N̸T̸

"Sleeping beauty finally got her ass up." Isaiah's voice sounded through the kitchen once his eyes landed on Amerie who walked in looking exhausted. Which didn't help for all the eyes that shot in her direction at the acknowledgment of her presence.

Rolling her eyes, she bypassed all the girls who sat together at one table to go straight towards the island. There was a large spread of breakfast prepared by the chefs Syre always kept around whenever it came time to go out of town. He didn't trust many people as is, but especially not when it came to what went into his body. So he kept the same set of chefs that used to work with his father before.

"Good morning...good morning baby." Amerie smiled down at Syre specifically, who swallowed down the fruit in his mouth. Tilting his head up, he allowed her to lower hers to connect their lips in a small peck.

"gOoD mOrnInG bAby, I'm real sick of y'all niggas." Rell spoke up before Syre could say anything to her, making everyone else laugh.

"I would be a hater too if I ain't had a beautiful woman to hang off my arm. Don't be mad at me, learn from me." He shot a fake smile to his cousin who stared blankly. Laughing to herself, Amerie fixed the scarf on her head while sitting down in the seat next to Syre. "You not hungry?"

"No not really, I woke up feeling a little sick." She spoke quietly for only him to hear, because luckily, everyone else engaged in their own conversations.

Syre's chewing gradually slowed down as he raised his head to stare at her. He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it again not knowing what to say.

"I know it's not...that, I'm just telling you I wasn't feeling well. I got my period like 2 days ago, but it was very light and short because I'm off of it now which is a little weird, but I got it so." She shrugged, and she could tell he was still suspicious but he didn't make it too noticeable. "Syre-."

"Alright, imma drop it." He raised his hands in surrender, but Amerie knew he wouldn't. Especially not after learning she hadn't taken the tests he bought already.

"I'm serious." She pointed, and he only nodded before going back to his food. Staring a little longer, Amerie eventually turned in the direction of Kimora who sat smiling up in Remi's face. The hickeys along her neck and chest peeked out, showing themselves through her lack of effort in covering them to begin with.