𝑳𝑿𝑽

Chapter 65: Impulse

May 10th
1:17 pm

M̶E̶L̶R̶O̶S̶E̶ A̶V̶E̶,̶ L̶A̶

S̸Y̸R̸E̸

"Ion understand why you believe a newborn baby need toys, put that shit back bruh." I sucked my teeth, taking away the learning blocks Amerie held to put back on the shelf.

"Stop it!" She grabbed it back, clutching it close to her body. "They're learning stuff, it'll benefit her." She muttered, throwing the toy in the basket with all the other pointless shit she picked up.

She picked up nearly anything she seen that she claimed would "benefit" the baby. There was about one outfit, one bottle, and a whole bunch of toys and things she seen when researching, that she'd forget about in a week.

"Aight maybe it's not pointless, but this lil ratio we got going on not doing it." I waved around the basket in front of us.

Nodding, she put down another toy she was grabbing. "You're right, you're right." She mumbled, scanning her eyes around the store until they landed on the baby girl section.

Reaching back, she grabbed my hand to interlock with hers to walk through the aisles until reaching the section that had all the clothes laid out neatly. They ranged from shirts, dresses, onesies, small sets with mostly pinks and purples thrown in. The wall displayed different forms of designer, from Baby Dior to Prada to Fendi and anything else that could be thought of.

"I don't want to get her all designer stuff, it's unnecessary." Amerie muttered, picking up a small pink Dior coat. "Do you like this?" She held it up, turning towards me.

Nodding, I grabbed it from her to feel the thick material. It hit every single day now, more than it ever did before, that her and I were locked in for life. No matter how many make ups or break ups the future had, we'd be connected for the rest of our lives at any given moment. It was one thing having a baby, but it was something different having that same baby with someone you had plans of spending the rest of your life with, cause the thought of anything but that just didn't sound right.

It wasn't many people I genuinely cared about staying in my life because they came and went, wasn't anything to dwell over. Things hurt, especially coming from those you would least expect it from, but it happened. With her on the other hand, if anything stopped this relationship completely for whatever reason, there was no telling how that would go. It's no escaping each other, and acting happy with anyone else wouldn't work. Cause I had no intention on working towards anyone or anything else.

"Get every color."

Grabbing the price tag, Amerie's eyes immediately widened before her head shot up to stare at me like I lost my mind. "Baby this one alone says $1,150-."