Chapter 77

Chris pov...

Vi is home for a few weeks now and doing great. It definitely was the best choice to go home. Being in the comfort of her own home really helped and she was slowly being her bubbly self again... There were good days and bad days... But the good days were becoming more and more... The baby is growing and so is her belly. We had a few checkups and to see our baby each time was amazing... I can't keep my eyes off of her as she looks absolutely stunning pregnant. The bruises are almost completely gone. She is just thriving being back home. We haven't had many visitors yet as she expressed to me, that she wanted some time just the two of us... She has seen so many people for the last few weeks and really wanted some alone time. She only allows the family and Cecile to visit but no walk ins. She asked them to call beforehand. I had chuckled at this because she never says no when they want to visit but everyone seems to understand that she needs some peace and quiet, so they mostly only call to catch up and check in... 

I look at her and smile as she is sitting on the floor talking to the dogs while she has them dressed up in dog pj's and is fussing over them... She had done a whole doggy spa day routine with them... Lulu and Dodger love it... I can't understand how she gets Dodger to patiently sit in his outfit... When i do it he goes crazy, trying everything to get it off... She is taking pictures of them... She had missed them so much and they had missed her... They would follow her everywhere, never leaving her side... It had become really crowded in the bed... I think we need a bigger one... She had not been back to the store yet... She said she was not ready to be around strangers yet and when she would show her face her regular customers would definitely ask her all sorts of questions... Questions she was not ready to answer... She admitted she didn't know if she would ever be ready to answer them......

I was surprised to learn that Vi had set up an appointment with a psychiatrist. She said that she didn't really need it for now but wanted to go anyway.  To establish a base in case there would be a time she did need it. I was so proud of her she was so strong... Slowly but surely things got back to normal and Vi started to confide in me bits and pieces of what happened when he had her. A big relief was the fact that he really didn't rape her. She told me that she fought as hell to prevent that and that we got to her before he ever could. 

It was sometimes hard to hear. I knew the conditions she was kept in... Even if i had been there for only a second it was etched in my mind... It was horrifying... Something you wouldn't wish upon your worse enemy. The thing that stood out most about what she told me was that she was so cold... She said she didn't think she would ever be warm again... I had promised her she would never have to be cold again... She had laughed at that... Telling me that i could not promise her that with Boston winters...

I had been surprised about at all that she had heard when she was unconscious. She told me i shouldn't have been so stubborn towards my family... I told her there was no way i would have left her alone in that hospital. Even now i found it hard to leave her alone... Vi didn't like to be alone either... Other than a quick walk with the dogs i did not leave the house... Even if i was in another room for too long she would come looking for me... She would just sit with me. If i was on the phone in my office she would just sit in the corner curled up on the couch reading a book or cuddling with the dogs... Sometimes she would just crawl in my lap and cuddle into me... 

The family did our shopping for us... Vi was not ready yet to go back to the grocery store...  Again because of all the strangers and i dont think she would ever go back to the grocery store she got abducted from... We only left the house for baby checkups... Our days were pretty relaxed, and it was heaven... But we both knew that pretty soon we would have to go back to normal... We couldn't stay cooped up in the house forever... 

A few days later Vi was standing in front of the mirror fidgeting with her clothes as we were getting ready to go and talk to the detective and DA about what was going to be next. Vi and i both were nervous. We really didn't want to go through a public trial and seeing as he already had a lifelong sentence, we didn't see the point in another trial... We would see what they had to say but i told her it was up to her. We both could understand he had to pay somehow as he cost allot of money due to a nationwide search for him and all the resources that had been spent to find him. I sigh as i watch her for a little while... I hate seeing her so uneasy...