Chapter Fifty Nine

The following morning dawned bright and clear. I climbed out of bed and frowned as I noticed Ethan was missing. After I'd showered and dressed, I wandered downstairs. As I lingered in the hallway, I heard Kirstie and Ethan laughing together. I rolled my eyes and entered the room.

"Morning!" Kirstie exclaimed.

"Hey." I muttered.

"I have something to show you." Ethan said happily.

"Really?" I questioned.

"I have been looking into wedding venues and what do you think about this one?" he asked as he handed me his laptop.

I took it and scrolled down the page. I gasped as I looked at pictures of the most beautiful beach I'd ever seen. The water itself was such a deep blue that I found myself longing to walk along the soft sand.

"It's beautiful." I breathed.

"Yeah I thought so." he grinned.

"Where is it?" I asked him.

"Florida." he said casually.

"Florida!" I exclaimed.

"We can't afford to get married there." I added sadly.

"Well I had a thought about that." he grinned and paused dramatically before continuing.

"It would be a nice place to have a honeymoon, so we could have a little ceremony on the beach and then stay for a couple of weeks for the honeymoon." he stated.

"Plus the wedding itself will be fairly cheap, the only real expense is the flights and accommodation." he added.

"It's still too expensive." I sighed.

"We'll manage." he winked.

"No we won't." I said sadly.

"I have some savings that we can use." he told me.

"No Ethan, I can't let you pay for it, if we wait a couple of years I'll be able to save up and contribute." I argued.

"It's fine, I want to marry you as soon as possible." he insisted.

I stared at him, why did he have to be so sweet. I already felt like I didn't deserve him, now I felt even worse.

"I have a couple of thousand I can put in and I'll give you the rest when I have it." I sighed.

"If that's what you want." he said quietly.

"It does seem like a nice place for the ceremony." I told him.

"Yeah I like it, I'll make some calls, try and get an officiant organised." he grinned.

I smiled at him, despite how I'd been feeling lately, I couldn't wait to marry him. To be able to call him my husband.

"What are you doing about your name?" Kirstie piped up.

I glanced at Ethan and saw him frown at her.

"We haven't spoken about it yet." I sighed. I picked my nails as an uncomfortable silence fell.

"Are you ready to go shopping?" she asked, breaking the silence.

I nodded slowly.

"I'll just go and change." she said as she left the room.

"Is there anyone you want at the wedding?" Ethan asked as soon as she left the room.

I thought about it for a moment.

"Not really, I don't have any family." I said sadly.

"Do you have people you want to invite?" I added.