CHAPTER 3

Sorry this is confusing. That happens sometimes when I lay out a plot sequentially in my head and then mess around with the way I tell the story to you. Sorry. Things will be revealed.........albeit slowly and perhaps indirectly.........I'm not trying to torture you as much as I apparently am!

She looked up at him and those eyes that stared into her soul were looking at her full of such emotion and such concern. Her instincts took over. Her rational mind shut down and relinquished control of her actions. She simply could not help herself. Jen stretched up and kissed him. Wow! Oh, my God. Sparks? Were those real, live sparks? There's something there. It's not my imagination. Oh, my God! He's a much better kisser than I ever imagined......mmmmmm........

Derek had been surprised that Jen kissed him. He'd thought he was imagining it. But.........mmmmmm.........she was a really, really good kisser and mmmmm..........

As the kiss grew in intensity, Derek pushed her back against the wall at the side of the balcony. He pulled her body close to his as he leaned against her, and she moaned a little as her lips parted to allow his tongue blissful entry. Pleasantly surprised by just how good it felt to have their bodies touching and their lips locked, they deepened the kiss. It was impossible to tell who was leading and who was following. Allowing their newly released passion to take control, they moved from just that very passionate kiss to more subtle exploration of each other's bodies. She melted into him, and she could tell that the attraction was mutual.

Whether conscious choice or physical surrender to her emotions and passion, Jen knew that she was the one who had to decide where to draw the line. And dammit, she didn't want lines or anything else separating them. She wanted......oh........what she wanted was happening right now.

Come in, come in
Come into my world I've got to show
Show show you
Come into my bed
I've got to know
Know know you

Their bodies melding and temperatures rising, Jen started unbuttoning his shirt. That task completed, her hands were free to roam his strong chest and to trace the ridges of his tensed muscles. Daring to push for an even greater adventure, her fingertips danced around the waistband of his pants.

More than pleased with his response to her attention to his body, Jen made the bold move of starting to unbutton his jeans. Her hands trembled as she realized that they were mere minutes away from shedding the remainder of their clothing and merging their bodies in the most intimate of ways.

I have dreams of orca whales and owls
But I wake up in fear
You will never be my
You will never be my dear
Will never be my dear, dear friend
Dear dear friend, dear dear friend....